• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Online Computer games[Actually All Things Gaming]

gamecube is geared towards younger children although it is cheapest. PS2 doesn't have as good graphics as the other two systems and a new playstation is comming out late 2005, although PS2 has some very good games (GTA). PS2 also has better football games and racing games than the other two systems. XBox has live which you can get free trials for and has the best graphics, and most of its games are geared towards young adults but is also the most expensive. Also a new Xbox is comming out within about the next year also. Xbox also has the best shooters, it has rainbow six, ghost recon and halo among others. If you do buy a console and find that you don't like it some video game stores will let you trade it in with two games and get another console of your choice.

Xbox has Halo,  Halo 2,  GTA.

Da_man said:
I say get an xbox... more bang for the buck

Xbox is clearly the best one.

Play on each console and you'll find that xbox is the best.

Xbox is great except how you have to pay for some of the features that ps2 wouls have for free....great graphics though

Because X-Box Live has features that the standard PS2 online doesnt.  You can log on and have friends lists, and see what games they are playing, a community chat room, etc etc.

PS2, you just log on to online play per game, and connect to a server.  Standard stuff.

That leaves fredrick with 2 choices.  Xbox or Ps2.  The ps2 online stuff isn't that bad.  Ps2 has a lot more better games though.  Xbox can have 4 controllers and system link.

the PS2 can also do system linking using the IE1944 (or whatever it is) port, it just is not commonly used.

I would get Xbox

Way better graphics and if you have broadband get Xbox LIVE.

Halo 2 is amazing

I owned a PS2 and Xbox but the Xbox kills PS2 in graphics and Xbox LIVE is awsome.

Also if you like the tom clancy games they are better on Xbox than PS2.

Project Gotham Racing 2 is the best racing game if you have Xbox LIVE.

Buy an Xbox

Ghost said:
Also if you like the tom clancy games they are better on Xbox than PS2.

Tom Clancy games are amazing on xbox.

Isn't need for speed underground 2 the best racing game now?

OK.. my daughter got a PS2 for Christmas. Of course, Dad would like to have a game or two to play also (not that the Power Puff Girls game doesn't look fun..). Are there any simple combat games out there? Being old fashioned, with no dexterity, and easily confused - I'm looking for "point and shoot" - not something where I have to know, and simultaneously use - every button on the controller. "Pong" and "Space Invaders" were just about perfect for me, in regards to complexity  ;D

Any suggestions?  I like hunting games too, but don't know if they have any for PS2

muskrat89 said:
Any suggestions?   I like hunting games too, but don't know if they have any for PS2

There are a bunch of different hunting games for the PS2. You can even get one of those guns you shoot at the screen with for them.

EDIT: Just wanted to show this link for a bunch of different hunting games for PS2: http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/?constraint.grid.genre1=Hunting&constraint.grid.sort=game%2Btitle&constraint.grid.sortorder=asc

For PS2 "point and shoot" FPS games, I would go with any of the Medal of Honor games, very linear and simple, and still lots of fun.

Curious to know if any of y'all are following the development of this Naval simulation. Looks kind of neat.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/dw/features.html

I cannot wait for Brothers In Arms to come out, here is a link to the trailers and movies for it, It comes out February 15 I believe...

http://www.brothersinarmsgame.com/us/movies.php

Back