• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Online Computer games[Actually All Things Gaming]

Pieman said:
Good to rent, or buy used, but I'm saving for Halo 2.
There is a demo for Halo2 you can download for PC. I played it, and it is OK. The multiplayer is pretty fun.

I am going to buy Half Life 2 this X-Mas, that blows Halo 2 out of the water.

you mean Halo 1?

Halo 2 has been on the shelves for the past couple of weeks.
I can hardly wait.

BTW on the topic of another game...I hated 'their finest hour'.
Such hype, such a crappy game.
It's a very bad PC port for the X-box.
British missions are limited to a handfull.
Setting the game to a harder level means that the attaking German can take 5-10 rifle shots to the face at point blank, and still kill you. ???

AI is very wooden in a 1990 AI sort of way.
Overall it is a very buggy game for the X-box with skipping frames, and badly thought out game play.
Rent it to try, but personaly I'd not buy it.
I'll save that coin for Ghost Recon 2...which is also now out.

Cheers!
R.

Ive have finest hour.....nothing out of the ordinary but i agree with pug they focus way too much on the russians and americans. I like it though and the graphics are top notch, very realistic looking

Where are these games?... We have a constant flow of US based wargames coming out of Canada. Now I dont know about you, but I am kind of sickened by this. I have spent over 2 hours looking on google for some sort of Canadian War game that is something more then a mod made by some guy like myself.

/Rant

I must apologize in advance.

You have to much time on you're hands.

Besides, A Canadian war game would not be popular enough.
Production $ , would be more then it could make.

@ Dano - Yea... I do have to much time

I understand there may not be a great demand for Canada Based war games but...

Look at games like Call of Duty and Mohaa. They have multy armies included... would it really hurt a game that much to put in Canadians?

http://opcoin.net
http://opcoin.net/index.php?id=futureteams

Its a mod for the Half Life 2 game, not released yet though. Canadians will be added to the game in the second release though, least thats the plan.

Ya that always kind of made me mad.....it seems like all games and movies are American's VS. the bad guys.

Yeah  but according to popular belief...If we did make a canadian war game...all airborne vehicles would stand a 78.88 chance of falling from the sky....Iltises would explode..and other stuf...becasue no body thinks our armys good. LOL

Sob...Sob.....it's so true...... :'(                lol  :cdn:

I agree, there are no truly Canadian-based games. If you are interested historical strategy, rather than FPS, I have 3 suggestions.

Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy. This is an older game, but it has many mods on the Internet, including 'Gold, Juno, Sword'. I really recommend this one. There's also a very good Finn-Russian mod.

Combat Mission: Afrika Corps. It's a current game with _some_ Canadian units.
see: http://www.battlefront.com/index.htm  and scroll down a bit to find it.

Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord. It's an older game with _some_ Canadian units. You can purchase it from the link above.

Have all of those cept Afrika Corps :)

And with the mention of movies in the above post... Around wwi and wwii we had plenty of films (may not have been best of quality) but now it seems that All the movie and game makers have just forgoten about Canada. I would be quite satisfied if bigger game genres like Mohaa, CoD, Rise of Nations other games would include the Canadian Army.

I would be happier beyond anyones imagination!

Dano said:
The Canadian Army is in BF1942.

What?... I have played BF1942 and yet to see Canucks... Am I blind? can you direct me to the maps names?

Back