• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Online Computer games[Actually All Things Gaming]

if any of your guys have XFire, my name is sh0rtbus. Its a great program that allows you to see what game your buddies are playing, where they are playing and at the click of a button, you can connect to the same server and play with them. It comes in handy..

http://www.xfire.com/xf/index.php

Call me old school but StarCraft and StarCraft Brood war are among my most played on-line games....used to have the rainbow 6 serioes but sadly they died...

lol burrows those were the good ole days of stategic games ..

i still play sc broodwars with command and conquer generals zero hour just to keep me busy till half life 2 comes on ..nov16th2004

yesssss

oh yeah Starcraft was awesome...   i lost my battle.net cd-key so ill have to buy an other copy   :(   i saw one a future shop for $20 with broodwar included.

An interesting game was the 1st Red Alert game. Incorporated stratagey and fun.

I still play Starcraft :Brood war.  I play mostly single player but it is one of my favorite games (and one of my only games that lets me play online with a 56k)

I use to be a HUGE AA addict but sadly the new SF patch really slowed down my 56k connection to make it unplayable most of the time.

Swat 3 is a great game both online and single player.  Sappo and I plan to get together online for a few games of Swat 3 sometime soon.  If anyone wants to join us drop me an email or a private message.

Edit:  I just remembered tactics area is a good free multiplayer game.  Medieval combat 1 vs 1.  Reminds me of SC where you have different units...each unit has a strength and weakness and you can organize different party formations etc.  Multi player only though...and the competition is tough

www.tacticsarena.com

I also want to mention that Guild Wars, a unreleased, no monthly fee -MMORPG, is offering a free three day trial between Oct 29 to Oct 31 again.  The download is very tiny and the game runs well even with a 56k modem.  This is your last chance to play a free preview of Guild Wars before it is officially released to the public in November.  Too bad I'll be too busy this weekend to enjoy it much...

http://www.guildwars.com/preview/default.html

Im sorry but LOD Diablo2 Is such a good game i have been playing it sence it first came out.

But soon there will be a new game and it will be HALO2 which will be 10x better then Half Life 2.

I just got into the online games a few years ago. I am hooked to it though. Been playing ALL the C&C games (Playing Zero Hour against my bud here during lunchtime today actually). But another good game is C&C Renegade. Kicks ass with teamwork and the vehicles add to the FPS experience.
But the best so far has to be Star Wars Battlefront. I just love calling a few troops up and going in to storm a base. The best part is the speed of the game is actually very fast and intense. Better then thsoe games ya basically are crawling to the battlefront on.

All of you Battlefield: Vietnam guys should check out the Point Of Existence mod. Its very similar to DC, Except its a Fictional conflict that takes place in 2008 or something. Between the USA and Russia.. Has all of the newest military weapons and technology. F-22, F-35, Su-47, XM8, Commanche (Although the program was cancelled it is still very fun to cruise around in a fast stealth chopper with air-to-ground)

If so what do yah think?

BTW: for those that want to try the official Army training version locked on the disk, here is the code:
Goto "Extras" in the main menu.
Then goto "cheat codes".
input this code: HA2P1PY9TUR5TLE

This trainer starts right away.
Also Note: In this version of the game the controls are abit different, and the trainer is far less forgiving then the game, but I found it pretty interesting.  You can set each soldier on there own fire sectors, and lots of other detailed stuff.

I'm wondering how realistic is it tactics wise? 
Is it a good training tool?

Cheers!
P.

Pretty fun to set your guys up behind an old couch or wooden crate for cover by mistake eh?
Like how fast can one set out a smoke grenade? LOL! ;D

I can hardly wait to try this game online.

Cheers!
R.

I havn't really looked at the game. What is it like? like is it command based, or more of a computer controlled friendlies? Like do you sit there and play the section commander?

Greetings!

In the main game version You pretty much position your guys and they react on their own, as per Basic US Army standards/tactics etc (so they say).

You can get them to "bound" into locations, use suppressive fire into an area, use smoke and frag grenades etc.  They take cover, and let you know when they are in trouble, and need to be moved...they also can be suppressed by enemy fire.

So it isn't a first person shooter per say, but more of a game of "tactical placement". You get 2 squads to operate, (Alpha, and Bravo) with an occational special unit... (aka Charlie) to operate, like for example an engineer that needs to be brought to some missles to disarm, or my fav' mission two Ranger snipers that can shoot around the enemies cover (if they aren't suppressed).

If one of your guys gets wounded you have to aid them, and get them back to a medic ASAP. 
Loose two guys wounded or one dead, and it's game over, and you have to restart the mission.
So if you don't use these squads to support each other you will be in trouble pretty darn quick.

Unlike most AI Tangos these ones are often pretty clever, and fall back, regroup, find cover, try to flank, and also send RPG fire at you when they can nail your guys with an area blast.  Some seem to be in fixed positions, but I'm sure online play will add enogh chaos to fix this.

The bonus US Army trainer on the X-box versions disk lets you get much more detailed, and select fire sections for each soldier, but has no extra unit to control (from what I have seen so far).  I noticed tonight this version also lets you enter buildings, and clear rooms...secure fallen enemy weapons, and wounded troops, and allows you to camera pan the whole area at anytime of the battle, for replay, reflection of tactics etc...more of a trainer then a game.

Worth a rent before you buy IMHO.
http://www.fullspectrumwarrior.com/

Cheers!
R.

I have played the game for PC, and I like it. It is a nice change from a first person shooter, and it concentrates more on tactics.

I find the bad part about the game is you can get through any level knowing two or three different moves. It gets repetitive quickly, and once you get the hang of it becomes pretty easy.

The big strike against it for me is that the game has a very low replay rate. Once you finish it, you have no desire to play it again because nothing changes.

If you have Xbox it is worth renting, but I would save my money for a better game to actually purchase.

Yes IMHO I think that is one of the most common failings of many X-box games these days...ie, they seem to be geared  towards the variety of game play being left to X-box live or multi player games.  A randomizer programmed into this game would have made it pretty slick.

Good to rent, or buy used, but I'm saving for Halo 2.

Cheers!
R.

Good to rent, or buy used, but I'm saving for Halo 2.
There is a demo for Halo2 you can download for PC. I played it, and it is OK. The multiplayer is pretty fun.

I am going to buy Half Life 2 this X-Mas, that blows Halo 2 out of the water.

Well over christmas, me and my brother are both visiting my parents for about 2 weeks, maby i will rent it if he brings his x-box with him.
HL 2 pissed me off, the ending was horrible, but left it wide open for a third, my brother said halo2 did the same thing. CS:S is starteing to get alot of hackers in it now, ther are a few servers i have found that are heavily policed, but still.....

I like the sounds of the trainer version, sounds very interesting.

Back