• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Online Computer games[Actually All Things Gaming]

Re: Rant: Canadian War Games
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 13:56:59 » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ya that always kind of made me mad.....it seems like all games and movies are American's VS. the bad guys.

Thats because Hollywood is in the States, and almost all of entertainment is run out of the USA. =p

MikeL thanks for that game link, Ive been hoping for something like this for HL2 to come along. I am intrigued. =)

I remember a mod for Return To Castle Wolfenstein that changed the American Team into Canadians.

It had the oldschool Canadian Flag and everyone had Canadian Uniforms.  It was sweet.

We do not teach enough Canadian history in our schools

I dont know about you... But here in Hamilton atleast, I think there is a hell of alot of Canadian History. As a matter of fact thats the only history i learn in highschool....

Here is an example.

This is an essay written (not to long ago) by me, in my CANADIAN History class

edit: Just knowticed this isnt my final copy... oh well It still proves that we learn a great deal on Canadian History

Try Combat Mission beyond overlord......

There are downloads for it on Mike Dorosh's site Canuck that allow you to reskin all yer veh / troops to actuall units

mine are all 4th CDn Amd Div now

Great sim, and having the Cdn inf as argylls makes it more satisfying when laying down the wrath of God on the 12th SS

The entire CM series is excellent and as mentioned previously Afrika Corps has Canadian units in it as well....although there are no Bren tripods eh Michael?

Day of Defeat...a halflife mod first person online shooter is brilliant....
And guys have posted mods for it to convert your troops into PPCLI, R22ER, Black Watch and the L&W

Medal of Honor Spearhead is the best.  The only downside is no anti-cheat is built into it.  Other than that though, it's one of the best 1st person shooters I've ever played.

Well, I finally got some money for myself that doesn't need to go towards food, so I figured I might as well buy a video game console. Trouble is, with 3 choices, I'm having trouble figuring out which one is the best. I generally play racing games, shooters (R6, not DOOM), and american football games, but since many of the games that come out on consoles don't come to the PC, I don't hear much about them, and don't play them, so I have little knowledge of them.

I'm leaning towards the PS2, but if anyone has a better choice, feel free to tug me the other way. I just want the most fun for my money, really, and I can afford any of them, I just don't want to end up buying more than one because I realize the console I buy sucks. :p

Thanks,

-Fred

I would go for getting an Xbox.  Xbox and PS2 have online capability so those would be the most fun.  If you want the most game choices then get a gamecube.  Gamecube by far has the most games.  Don't forget Xbox has Halo and Halo 2.

Actually, the PS2 has the most games.  The X-Box is a more powerfull system and has better graphics.  It's online ability is by far superior to that of the PS2, but you have a yearly fee for it (99$ US for the year) where as the PS2 online feature is free.

The Game Cube has the Resident Evil and Zelda games on the other hand, but has no online play.

A while ago I could have bought any one of these consoles but I bought the Xbox just because of Halo.  Now that there is Halo 2 even more reason to get an xbox.  Xbox has the best multi - player.
You can get free online play on xbox through gamespy tunnel.

Xbox is great except how you have to pay for some of the features that ps2 wouls have for free....great graphics though

Back