• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Im not against the Rangers per say but Im not a huge fan of deploying people who cant be charged or meet universality of service. I mean at least you can charge CIC officers.
Rangers can be charged, like any other reservist, if they commit a service offence and at the time of the commission/or omission are within the ambit of NDA 60(1)(c).

Universality of service is a moving target. Some day the CHRC is going to put some limits on that.

🍻

Rangers can be charged, like any other reservist, if they commit a service offence and at the time of the commission/or omission are within the ambit of NDA 60(1)(c).

Universality of service is a moving target. Some day the CHRC is going to put some limits on that.

🍻
Does this apply though only to Rangers who have attended the new Ranger Basic Course? I cant see how you would charge someone who has never had to do any sort of training. This is the issue I have heard from some over the years during Ranger exercises

Does this apply though only to Rangers who have attended the new Ranger Basic Course? I cant see how you would charge someone who has never had to do any sort of training. This is the issue I have heard from some over the years during Ranger exercises
Assuming someone has enrolled and been attested a Ranger, they become subject to the CSD just like any reservist who is sworn in. It's a legal status, not a training issue. A PRes reservist does not have to complete BMQ to be subject to the CSD, either, as many unshaven, boots unpolished BMQ candidates can attest to.

For reservists the tricky issue is always: does 60(1)(c) apply at the time of the offence?

🍻

There is a weird polymer film they put on to preserve the leather while in storage. It makes it so that the leather doesn't absorb polish on it. I found that if I soaked the footwear in boiling water and took a green scrubber to then, it sluffed off pretty easily and would take a solid base coat after they had dried out.
tip of the year....!!! thanks.....will share with other boot polishers............

I do find that when they changed the footwear a number of years ago the newer boots and oxfords are a lot harder to shine than my older footwear. I don't know why the newer footwear is harder to get a good shine with but if we do get new footwear just make sure it is made of a material that can be shone fairly easily.
Pebbled gun boots of yesteryesr. Remember "boning or spooning" or ruining an iron?

Sigh....

Our palm down salute, properly executed, looks pretty sharp.

The 'palm out' salute, same.

The '50/50' salute, as I call it, is painful to watch...

Classic Film Salute GIF by filmeditor

As I was looking at buying a RCLS badge for my blazer I came across the RCLS Stable Belt now for sale at the CANEX. This costs $80.00. This caught me completely by surprise.

1691861825129.png

I'm not sure if this is part of the new Army Service Dress initiative but this caught me completely by surprise. I'm retired so I don't have access to the DWAN to confirm if this is auth for wear, but if CANEX sells this, then it must be allowed. I guess I can look forward to seeing RCLS (Army) mbrs wearing this. I'm assuming that this will worn over sweaters and DEU pants similar to the Brits as part of their garrison dress. If I was still serving I'll buy it and wear it.

What I don't want to see is over weight mbrs wearing this belt. The image will not be pleasant.

I wonder how long before I see other regt stable belts be coming out.

As I was looking at buying a RCLS badge for my blazer I came across the RCLS Stable Belt now for sale at the CANEX. This costs $80.00. This caught me completely by surprise.

View attachment 79405

I'm not sure if this is part of the new Army Service Dress initiative but this caught me completely by surprise. I'm retired so I don't have access to the DWAN to confirm if this is auth for wear, but if CANEX sells this, then it must be allowed. I guess I can look forward to seeing RCLS (Army) mbrs wearing this. I'm assuming that this will worn over sweaters and DEU pants similar to the Brits as part of their garrison dress. If I was still serving I'll buy it and wear it.

What I don't want to see is over weight mbrs wearing this belt. The image will not be pleasant.

I wonder how long before I see other regt stable belts be coming out.

They seem to be usually worn with CADPAT.

1691875167651.png

1691875444863.png

Both pics from the maker's FB page.

They seem to be usually worn with CADPAT.

View attachment 79409

View attachment 79410

Both pics from the maker's FB page.

As someone not of the green persuasion:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I can maybe understand in the 2nd pic with the OTW shirt. However, since CADPAT shirts aren’t normally tucked in, you don’t see it most of the time.

…and no, I am not advocating tucking in CADPAT shirts.

As someone not of the green persuasion:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I can maybe understand in the 2nd pic with the OTW shirt. However, since CADPAT shirts aren’t normally tucked in, you don’t see it most of the time.

…and no, I am not advocating tucking in CADPAT shirts.
People not working in offices often take off their CADPAT shirts, so if you have that sort of job...
Pulp Fiction Pumpkin GIF

Back