• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

I think they were more commenting on the fact that in 24 years we haven’t successfully completed our transition to CADPAT
I get that - what I’m suggesting is that goal may not be as important as it…uh…looks.

Pun intended.

Another aircrew example - 1 Wing folks wear CADPAT flight suits and jackets. But it’s not an “all 1 Wg aircrew shall wear CADPAT everything”. So there are folks wearing OD green flight suits and CADPAT jackets, folks wearing all CADPAT gear, and presumably some folks wearing CADPAT flight suits and OD jackets. I don’t think anyone is really complaining there.

Depends if we want to be a military or bunch of airsofters/mercenaries. A professional military has a common uniform, period. Accepting mixed clothing 10+ years later when we've made a fundamental change to something like camouflage pattern is accepting garbage funding from GoC and poor project management from CAF/DND.

Is there any indication of how this transition will work. I missed the OD combats by a couple years, but still used a ton of OD stuff. (My gortex gloves and biv pants are still OD). Will this be issued out unit by unit to try and avoid having different uniforms, or is this going to be like the improved combat uniform role our where they won't give you the new stuff till your old stuff is worn out.

I heard a rumor the other day that I could bring my GEN III Cadpat in and they would exchange it for the ICU no questions asked. I think the ICU came out ten years ago and I still have a couple sets of the old stuff.

I heard a rumor the other day that I could bring my GEN III Cadpat in and they would exchange it for the ICU no questions asked. I think the ICU came out ten years ago and I still have a couple sets of the old stuff.

On my last visit to clothing stores I was issued a tunic that was made in 2002, and had the very first CADPAT cut of the old pockets, no button covers. Nearly see through.

I'm not holding my breath.

Another aircrew example - 1 Wing folks wear CADPAT flight suits and jackets. But it’s not an “all 1 Wg aircrew shall wear CADPAT everything”. So there are folks wearing OD green flight suits and CADPAT jackets, folks wearing all CADPAT gear, and presumably some folks wearing CADPAT flight suits and OD jackets. I don’t think anyone is really complaining there.
One of the points I read about the new camouflage pattern was the need for it due to the increased threat on the battlefield and enemy surveillance capability (or something along those lines).

I get that - what I’m suggesting is that goal may not be as important as it…uh…looks.

Pun intended.

If we just made parkas in OD I’d have no issue with it. It’s simply that we, logistically, haven’t managed to get the job done.

So, when this gets rolled out eventually, is there going to be an RCAF-wide call for aircrew (who most likely haven’t worn CADPAT since before they got their wings) to finally return their 4 sets of CADPAT that’s been sitting in a box?

So, when this gets rolled out eventually, is there going to be an RCAF-wide call for aircrew (who most likely haven’t worn CADPAT since before they got their wings) to finally return their 4 sets of CADPAT that’s been sitting in a box?
Just because CFSU(O) is terrible, I plan to return my CADPAT one piece at a time over the next year...

Getting taxi chits for each trip now that the shuttle is done.

Back