• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

I like it. I'm not sure why the female uniform has to look so radically different. That hat does zero for me. Or is this a different order of dress altogether considering the lighter shade - or is that just the lighting?

I always liked our 1960s TWs and the late 1970s tans. They cheaped out on the latter and made us wear black shoes and our green forage cap with it which was aesthetically incongruous. The cap with the male uniform looks good. Just needs a Sam Browne now. Hope they get brown shoes and boots.

🍻

I like it. I'm not sure why the female uniform has to look so radically different. That hat does zero for me. Or is this a different order of dress altogether considering the lighter shade - or is that just the lighting?

I always liked our 1960s TWs and the late 1970s tans. They cheaped out on the latter and made us wear black shoes and our green forage cap with it which was aesthetically incongruous. The cap with the male uniform looks good. Just needs a Sam Browne now. Hope they get brown shoes and boots.

🍻
If you click through the link you may be disappointed.

1694926473721.png

If you click through the link you may be disappointed.

View attachment 80113
Shit. There's no excuse for that.

That's probably the decision of some committee somewhere who all wear black dress socks with sandals.

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

That's a high waist and short trousers. Who designed it, Archie Bunker? Also, ugly hat on the skirt option.

The most important question here is why? Considering we are lacking so much more important things (arty, tanks, AD, portable AT, supply vehicles, ships, planes, etc.) than wasting millions on a new uniform, why bother?

We constantly complain about not having enough funds to acquire the equipment we need, yet when we do have funds this is the type of project we waste money and manpower on. Just a symptom of a organization which has lost sight of its purpose.

Reactions: ueo
The most important question here is why? Considering we are lacking so much more important things (arty, tanks, AD, portable AT, supply vehicles, ships, planes, etc.) than wasting millions on a new uniform, why bother?

We constantly complain about not having enough funds to acquire the equipment we need, yet when we do have funds this is the type of project we waste money and manpower on. Just a symptom of a organization which has lost sight of its purpose.

Bread and circuses my friend, bread and circuses.

The current uniform fabric is discontinued or something, so Logistik can’t make the CA DEU anymore.

Also, the folks doing the staff work aren’t the same ones doing the other procurement you’re talking about. There can be different projects going on at once.

Back