• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

As someone not of the green persuasion:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I can maybe understand in the 2nd pic with the OTW shirt. However, since CADPAT shirts aren’t normally tucked in, you don’t see it most of the time.

…and no, I am not advocating tucking in CADPAT shirts.
green guy here and I have the same question. Why? And now watch the big bellied ones start to dress like that.

So this belt is purchased by the member?
Yes, entirely optional. Like the RCAF leather jacket, just much less expensive...

I'm not army, and have never been, but I get them. It's a relatively inexpensive way to show some regiment/corps pride... much like unit shirts people wear beneath their CADPAT/flight suit/coveralls at some Squadrons.

Would that not be a conflict of interest? Just wondering
Not in the least. The products they make are for private sale, are not "mandated uniform items" and do not constitute any agreement with the Crown to provide said items. They also gain approval and permission from DHH for any IP the Crown owns to avoid copyright violations. I have known the owner since we were teenagers, they're very much not the kind to avoid doing the necessary homework...

Kinda like when I repair personal computers on my free time to members. So long as I'm not utilizing the Crown's tools, programs, software, or other property to make extra cash; I'm free to do so.

The fact that my training and experience was gained through the CAF.... that's just good entrepreneurship....

I have one of their belts, and had a run made for my Regiment. It took a significant base order in order to get the webbing made, but they came through for us and they ended up being worn by the most senior ranks of the Regiment.

Not in the least. The products they make are for private sale, are not "mandated uniform items" and do not constitute any agreement with the Crown to provide said items. They also gain approval and permission from DHH for any IP the Crown owns to avoid copyright violations. I have known the owner since we were teenagers, they're very much not the kind to avoid doing the necessary homework...

Kinda like when I repair personal computers on my free time to members. So long as I'm not utilizing the Crown's tools, programs, software, or other property to make extra cash; I'm free to do so.

The fact that my training and experience was gained through the CAF.... that's just good entrepreneurship....
Until someone complains.

I'm a firearms instructor for my agency. I also work at a local not-for-profit gun club as the training co-ordinator. About 5 years ago I had a sit-down with my supervisor to talk about a potential conflict of interest as it was reported that I was teaching snippets of "our program" at my club. Once I explained that my agency didn't teach me how to shoot, but only how to deliver "our program" and that I have taken several training courses off-the-clock and out-of-pocket and that the techniques (not tactics) I was teaching are the CSSA cirriculum and universal throughout the sport shooting world, the problem was solved. But I, and a couple of others, still had to have "the talk" with our boss because someone complained.

Last edited:
Back