• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Politics 2017 (split fm US Election: 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mariomike said:
I will say it again.

If anti-fa and nazis want to fight, let them.  If anti-fa and Nazis want to confront   each other, let them.
If anti-fa and Nazis want to be left on their own, let them.

Kind of like a modern day equivalent of Roman gladiatorial games. You should give ESPN a call..

I am watching Trump's tax reform proposal on MSNBC. Under him they write in a banner:
"Trump talks taxes as gulf death toll climbs to 19"
And
"Trump calls for simplifying tax code as Texas floods"
If you watch any coverage on this channel you will see how nasty they are. There is never anything good from Trump, it is all doom and gloom. If you really want biased coverage you should view this mess of a network.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
why is it so important for people to prove that antifa is equally as egregious as the neo-nazi's? Neo nazi's are comprised of possibly the worst people in the world.

Good question.  Just guessing here but said people might be concerned that ANTIFA's violent behavior might be brushed aside or ignored because of the OMG NAZI's narrative.  It seems like The ANTIFA side are ready to label anyone who doesn't agree with them as Nazi's and Supremacists. Like Charles Barkley being labeled a 'Black, White supremacist' because he was condemning the violence form both sides. Meanwhile ,the media is giving anyone who hates Trump a free pass it seems.

What's troubling about ANTIFA is a lot of them don't even seem to realize what their doing is wrong. being the media is supporting them, I guess it's hard to blame them. Anyhow look at Eric Clanton. He's the San Francisco Bay area college philosophy teacher and ANTIFA activist who was charged smashing people in the head with a bike lock. I'm trying to find an article I read a few days ago but he's now basically crying about how "the right" ruined his life for uncovering his identity which lead to him being charged.  No sense of responsibility there.

Another guess here but since Trump has been elected I'm guessing, as I've said before, more people of colour have been assaulted by left-wingers than they have by loser neo-nazi's.  That's not to say the Neo-Nazi's are anything but despicable but the media is clearly trying to gloss over what the left is doing.

I'm a white dude so I've never known or felt racism so I'm missing whatever stress and anxiety people of colour feel for being attacked verbally or physically) because of their race- which is the Neo-Nazi raison d'etre. ANTIFA will just as quickly attack a black person for wearing a red hat that says MAGA.  I a core physical level I don't see much difference between Neo-Nazi's and ANTIFA except one has the support of the media and is, or is becoming, more physically violent.

kkwd said:
I am watching Trump's tax reform proposal on MSNBC. Under him they write in a banner:
"Trump talks taxes as gulf death toll climbs to 19"
And
"Trump calls for simplifying tax code as Texas floods"
If you watch any coverage on this channel you will see how nasty they are. There is never anything good from Trump, it is all doom and gloom. If you really want biased coverage you should view this mess of a network.

There was some Trump-is-Satan article which highlighted how an eclipse followed a path across the US over states that mostly voted for Trump.

The "flyover states" (because politicians generally ignore them and just flyover enroute to more vote-rich states).

CNN actually pretty much ignored the hurricane as it was making landfall in favour of wall-to-wall anti-Trump nonsense https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDIQ2BjR2mQ.

Loachman said:
The "flyover states" (because politicians generally ignore them and just flyover enroute to more vote-rich states).

CNN actually pretty much ignored the hurricane as it was making landfall in favour of wall-to-wall anti-Trump nonsense https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDIQ2BjR2mQ.
That's incredible.
"People are going to die because president trump has called MSNBC fake news so people won't believe how deadly the storm is".

Jarnhamar said:
I'm a white dude so I've never known or felt racism .....
Well, if you're really  wracked with guilt..... 

810201705302667718.jpg

:facepalm:

Journeyman said:
Well, if you're really  wracked with guilt..... 

810201705302667718.jpg

:facepalm:
Why is that kids head stuck in a divining rod  :o

I'm more of a #sorry,notsorry event kinda guy ;D

Jarnhamar said:
Good question.  Just guessing here but said people might be concerned that ANTIFA's violent behavior might be brushed aside or ignored because of the OMG NAZI's narrative.  It seems like The ANTIFA side are ready to label anyone who doesn't agree with them as Nazi's and Supremacists. Like Charles Barkley being labeled a 'Black, White supremacist' because he was condemning the violence form both sides. Meanwhile ,the media is giving anyone who hates Trump a free pass it seems.

What's troubling about ANTIFA is a lot of them don't even seem to realize what their doing is wrong. being the media is supporting them, I guess it's hard to blame them. Anyhow look at Eric Clanton. He's the San Francisco Bay area college philosophy teacher and ANTIFA activist who was charged smashing people in the head with a bike lock. I'm trying to find an article I read a few days ago but he's now basically crying about how "the right" ruined his life for uncovering his identity which lead to him being charged.  No sense of responsibility there.

Another guess here but since Trump has been elected I'm guessing, as I've said before, more people of colour have been assaulted by left-wingers than they have by loser neo-nazi's.  That's not to say the Neo-Nazi's are anything but despicable but the media is clearly trying to gloss over what the left is doing.

I'm a white dude so I've never known or felt racism so I'm missing whatever stress and anxiety people of colour feel for being attacked verbally or physically) because of their race- which is the Neo-Nazi raison d'etre. ANTIFA will just as quickly attack a black person for wearing a red hat that says MAGA.  I a core physical level I don't see much difference between Neo-Nazi's and ANTIFA except one has the support of the media and is, or is becoming, more physically violent.

But once again, why is it sooooo important to make the connection? 80+% of people sit in the middle of the political spectrum and don't associate with either of these groups, nor support either. So, who really then, are people hoping to convince? the 80+% of people that wish that both right and left wing extremes would just go away and leave rational people to be rational? It's a pyrrhic victory at best.

You're right that antifa people think that their being violent is not wrong, but so to with neo-nazi's. As mary Shelley stated,

Attachments

• Mary Shelley.png
    Mary Shelley.png
    559 KB · Views: 105
My uneducated guess / hope is that after what "angry torch guy" experienced, there may be a retreat back to anonymous internet chat rooms.

mariomike said:
My uneducated guess / hope is that after what "angry torch guy" experienced, there may be a retreat back to anonymous internet chat rooms.

Who's angry torch guy and what did he experience?

Lumber said:
Who's angry torch guy and what did he experience?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=%22angry+torch+guy%22&oq=%22angry+torch+guy%22&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.29043.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.foo%2Cersl%3D1%2Cfett%3D1%2Cewh%3D0%2Cnso-enksa%3D0%2Cnso-enfk%3D1%2Cnso-usnt%3D1%2Cnso-qnt-npqp%3D0-1%2Cnso-qnt-npdq%3D0-45%2Cnso-qnt-npt%3D0-09%2Cnso-qnt-ndc%3D300%2Ccspa-dspm-nm-mnp%3D0-045%2Ccspa-dspm-nm-mxp%3D0-1125%2Cnso-unt-npqp%3D0-15%2Cnso-unt-npdq%3D0-25%2Cnso-unt-npt%3D0-06%2Cnso-unt-ndc%3D300%2Ccspa-uipm-nm-mnp%3D0-0075%2Ccspa-uipm-nm-mxp%3D0-0525...0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0.GsVUbyT-UIE

I believe he is in his 20's, and they say the internet is forever.

EpicBeardedMan said:
https://trendingviews.co/video/antifa-attacks-disabled-veteran-in-wheelchair-1923.html

Masked loser with a bicycle helmet takes a bottle of water from a vet in a wheel chair and dumps it on him.  Poster ANTIFA right there.

>But once again, why is it sooooo important to make the connection?

A variation of "never pass a fault".  Yield no room at all for them to excuse / justify / rationalize any of their violent or merely illiberal behaviour.

Brad Sallows said:
>But once again, why is it sooooo important to make the connection?

A variation of "never pass a fault".  Yield no room at all for them to excuse / justify / rationalize any of their violent or merely illiberal behaviour.

Roger, acknowledged. However, most rational people acknowledge that antifa using violence is bad, so continually belabouring the point is asinine... though that seems to be the purpose of these threads

Bird_Gunner45 said:
However, most rational people acknowledge that antifa using violence is bad, so continually belabouring the point is asinine... though that seems to be the purpose of these threads

FYI,

Anti-fa had a thread of it's own, but was taken down. ( I didn't put it up, or take it down. )

Bird_Gunner45 said:
However, most rational people acknowledge that antifa using violence is bad, so continually belabouring the point is asinine...

You could say the exact same thing about Neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back