• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Democracy is Chaotic - when it is done right.

What do you make of this one Brad?
That it touches on several things, each worth understanding. Four that have recently been in the back of my mind for one reason or another:

• that inflation benefits debtors, including governments deeply indebted, and harms savers
  • that effective confiscation-by-inflation or outright confiscation is a one-time opportunity, after which if fiscal balance is not restored the same trick can not be tried again, but the number of impoverished people making demands will have increased
  • that the run-up of residential real estate prices draws a lot of available money into something that increases neither innovation nor productivity, reducing what goes into other kinds of investments (including the kind that produce innovation and productivity improvements)
  • that the "right to property" is best understood as "the power to decide how the property is used", so: no property, no power

That it touches on several things, each worth understanding. Four that have recently been in the back of my mind for one reason or another:

• that inflation benefits debtors, including governments deeply indebted, and harms savers
  • that effective confiscation-by-inflation or outright confiscation is a one-time opportunity, after which if fiscal balance is not restored the same trick can not be tried again, but the number of impoverished people making demands will have increased
  • that the run-up of residential real estate prices draws a lot of available money into something that increases neither innovation nor productivity, reducing what goes into other kinds of investments (including the kind that produce innovation and productivity improvements)
  • that the "right to property" is best understood as "the power to decide how the property is used", so: no property, no power

I think I would go the extra step and say property is freedom. It is the antidote to the top down, authoritarian and corporatist agenda.

To exercise power is more than freedom; it implies there is someone who submits to that exercise.

Back