• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

tango22a said:
Jeez, where are you guys finding these???

Cheers,

tango22a

Wait, you don't have an "Obscure AFV images" folder on your computer just in case?  ;D

Da Vinci's tank?

tank_image1.jpg

Chanman:

Don't have a special folder. I'm afraid that it's all in my head... even though the ol' memory does play tricks sometimes. I do have the help of Jane's and some other reference books.

Cheers,

tango22a

Another photo, this one is a cut-away for training and developement purposes.
There were 10 veh produced before circumstances shut down production during WWII.
Happy hunting!

Romanian Maresal MO-4

Romanian designers produced designs of tank destroyer, very similar to Hetzer designated Maresal MO-4, armed with 75mm Resita M1943 gun (based on both Soviet 76.2mm ZIS-3 and German 75mm Pak 40 guns). The vehicle itself was based on captured Soviet T-60 chassis just as previous designs designated M-00, M-01, M-02 and M-03.

In December of 1943, plans were presented to German designers, who then utilized some of its features in Hetzer’s development. In March of 1944, Maresal’s development was continued due to Fuhrer’s support and further variants MO-5 and MO-6 were planned. In May of 1944, prototype of Maresal MO-4 was produced and after extensive tests it proved to be better than German Sturmgeschutz III(40) Ausf G and 75mm Resita M1943 gun proved to be better than German 75mm Pak 40 gun. Right away 1000 vehicles were ordered to be produced by Rofiger works. It was also planned to start production at plants both in Germany and Romania.

In June of 1944, Germans also proposed to produce Flakpanzer Maresal.

In August of 1944, first pre-production series of 10 was produced along with prototype of Maresal MO-5. Further production did not take place since Romania was "liberated" by the Red Army and on October 26th of 1944, Russians ordered all existing vehicles and prototypes to be scrapped and cancelled entire project.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/jagdpanzer-38t-hetzer.htm

You da man Larry.  The floor, sir, is yours.

For T22A

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/

Another good resource for WW2 and earlier Veh.

BernDawg said:
You da man Larry.  The floor, sir, is yours.

For T22A

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/
Another good resource for WW2 and earlier Veh.
Anyone find it funny that they use a provincial flag of Manitoba in lieu of the old Red ensign ?

is there a vehicle in that picture anywhere?

Jungle said:
See ? I knew it was possible to reconcile these two hobbies !!  8)

So what you're saying is that the Bovington (and Kubinka) museum needs to commission a swimsuit calender of perky young things frolicking among multi-ton steel beasts in order to spark interest and help fundraising.

Not a bad idea.  I'd like a Duxford warbird calender (with extra birds, so to to speak)

well, as no one is in the process of posting a new picture, I propose a little teaser....

Back