• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

49er

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day, everyone. 39 Combat Engineer Regiment has just advertised a reserve employment opportunity for the RSS Ops WO position in Trail, BC with 44 Engineer Squadron. I'm posting this here to help get the word out. The position can be under-ranked or over-ranked if we can't find a WO and we will go to other trades if we can't find a Combat Engineer. I think this would be a great option for someone looking to transition to retirement, live in the mountains, be closer to family out West, or get away from the city or a big base to somewhere with much more affordable real estate. I'm the Sqn OC and I give our RSS Ops WO a lot of space to run the show from day to day. Just three full-time staff to supervise and a big, well equipped armoury that is empty most of the time. We also have a demo and a rifle range, both within 15min. Would be a great fit for someone looking for something like this. I've attached some photos of 44 out in the local area to help paint the picture.
The position is here: http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/reo-oer/en/details.aspx...
I'm happy to provide additional detail or discuss on a phone call. Just message me.

Attachments

• 275051425_331789705647512_7317224059821639874_n.jpg
    275051425_331789705647512_7317224059821639874_n.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 53524149_996346793900245_3484561032293122048_n.jpg
    53524149_996346793900245_3484561032293122048_n.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220408-222158_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-222158_Photos.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220408-220927_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-220927_Photos.jpg
    676.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220408-220117_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-220117_Photos.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 6
Good day, everyone. 39 Combat Engineer Regiment has just advertised a reserve employment opportunity for the RSS Ops WO position in Trail, BC with 44 Engineer Squadron. I'm posting this here to help get the word out. The position can be under-ranked or over-ranked if we can't find a WO and we will go to other trades if we can't find a Combat Engineer. I think this would be a great option for someone looking to transition to retirement, live in the mountains, be closer to family out West, or get away from the city or a big base to somewhere with much more affordable real estate. I'm the Sqn OC and I give our RSS Ops WO a lot of space to run the show from day to day. Just three full-time staff to supervise and a big, well equipped armoury that is empty most of the time. We also have a demo and a rifle range, both within 15min. Would be a great fit for someone looking for something like this. I've attached some photos of 44 out in the local area to help paint the picture.
The position is here: http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/reo-oer/en/details.aspx...
I'm happy to provide additional detail or discuss on a phone call. Just message me.

Dude... you forgot to mention a few things if you really want to attract the right people:

-The Colander restaurant

-Red mountain, Ski Kimberley etc etc

-Nelson... anywhere in or around Nelson. Or just the restaurants.

-Easy access to some of the best fishing, and cross border shopping, anywhere in Canada

-The Trail Smoke Eaters

-Lotsa jobs thanks to the only operational smelter in Western Canada, and loads of pulp and paper industry activity in Castlegar

-Out of control, and high quality, craft beer culture

Really, you Engineers need to get your heads out of your 'analysis' and bolster your marketing game....

...and all the things that @daftandbarmy said. Thanks for the boost. The skiing and mountain biking here are indeed world class - all just minutes from the armoury. Rossland is just 10 mins from Trail - .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906-200029_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210906-200029_Photos.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230119_103539.jpg
    20230119_103539.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Do they still test the land and air on a regular basis and give free vacuum's? Trail does have a long history of pollution from the smelter which was kind of hands off as the only real employer in the area.

National Observer, Ainslie Cruickshank, March 1st, 2021.

"Teck Metals has upgraded the smelter, and that led to major improvements, but blood lead levels among local kids are still four times higher than the Canadian average, and internal government documents obtained by Canada’s National Observer through a freedom-of-information request show an estimated 8,000 properties remain contaminated from historic emissions.
Every year, youngsters in Trail, B.C., still have their blood tested for the metal. New parents are given vacuum cleaners and other supplies to help keep tainted dust from building up in their homes, and tips to keep their lawns lush, locking any contaminated soil in place. And the company runs an ongoing program to replace polluted soil from more yards each summer."

...and all the things that @daftandbarmy said. Thanks for the boost. The skiing and mountain biking here are indeed world class - all just minutes from the armoury. Rossland is just 10 mins from Trail - .

And alpine Snowmobiling and backcountry skiing....

Do they still test the land and air on a regular basis and give free vacuum's? Trail does have a long history of pollution from the smelter which was kind of hands off as the only real employer in the area.

National Observer, Ainslie Cruickshank, March 1st, 2021.

"Teck Metals has upgraded the smelter, and that led to major improvements, but blood lead levels among local kids are still four times higher than the Canadian average, and internal government documents obtained by Canada’s National Observer through a freedom-of-information request show an estimated 8,000 properties remain contaminated from historic emissions.
Every year, youngsters in Trail, B.C., still have their blood tested for the metal. New parents are given vacuum cleaners and other supplies to help keep tainted dust from building up in their homes, and tips to keep their lawns lush, locking any contaminated soil in place. And the company runs an ongoing program to replace polluted soil from more yards each summer."
Emissions have been reduced by more than 99% over the years and millions have gone into soil remediation. A lot goes into testing and mitigation. From my experience here it really doesn't come up as an issue. Renovations can be one area for exposure (as things are opened up, cut up, torn down, etc.) and Teck funds a program that provides all kinds of materials to help ensure it isn't an issue. There are also a number of ways to reduce potential exposure from activities like digging, for example. If there are still concerns there are several places to live that are further from the facility.

Emissions have been reduced by more than 99% over the years and millions have gone into soil remediation. A lot goes into testing and mitigation. From my experience here it really doesn't come up as an issue. Renovations can be one area for exposure (as things are opened up, cut up, torn down, etc.) and Teck funds a program that provides all kinds of materials to help ensure it isn't an issue. There are also a number of ways to reduce potential exposure from activities like digging, for example. If there are still concerns there are several places to live that are further from the facility.
Or you could live in Southern Ontario. :) Windsor and Sarnia have excellent air quality. :)

Back