• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

MCG said:
It has hints of South African mine protected trucks.

While it may have the vaguely familar shape of a number of vehicles that were built in the southern part of Africa, it is not  South African (or from any of its neighbours) and is of a much earlier vintage than you may be thinking.

Here's a pretty picture of it.

No idea.  I was thinking it looked Australian, but I guess that's wrong....

As a followup for those who noted the info about 5 pages ago about my Tiger...I now have a working suspension system....

Dec%2008%20146%20(Small).jpg

Please return to your previously scheduled programming now...good luck with the photo!

It's the Italian Fiat SPA Dovunque 35 Protetto, Some were used by the RSI and some in occupied Yugoslavia.

http://ww2drawings.jexiste.fr/Files/1-Vehicles/Axis/2-Italy/10-Trucks/Dovunqe35-Protetto/Dovunqe35-Protetto.htm

That was a tough one, had to call in some favors ;) Someone can post the next piccie

Hmmm... like the Sd.kfz 250/9 Leichte Schützenpanzerwagen 2cm - but track config is wrong....

Ahhhh.... got it.....

maketa 3,7cm Selbstfahrlafette L/70

How about....
Is there enough to fathom a guess ???

Ayup.... here is what it was supposed to look like

you're up

Probably pretty easy.....sorry for the delay....Santa kept me busy.  "Some assembly required"....BS....get the whole toolbox out.  ;D

Fire Support Combat Vehicle

In 1977 the Gratzl concept was revived by a consortium consisting of Krauss Maffei, FMC and Rheinmetall and the vehicle was modified by replacing the original Abbott gun with the Rheinmetall developed version of the US M101 gun and moving it close to the centreline of the vehicle. The vehicle was fitted with a new aluminium armour enabling it to resist 14.5mm rounds at the front and 7.62mm/shell fragments at the sides and rear. The roles envisioned for the vehicle include Anti-tank, Artillery fire support, Mechanised infantry combat vehicle, Personnel carrier and Reconnaissance vehicle. It is capable of carrying seven crew and additional personnel could be carried by removing some of the ammunition racks.

Back