• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Only if they look like this:

cap_arthur.jpg
cap_mossing.jpg
cap_westbrook.jpg
skynews-das-boot_4143909.jpg
milnerinset1.jpg

Check out the Stokers - Impressive!
heheheh. take out the plastic ring that keeps the top of the lid in a circular shape, instant crusher hat.

The new RCN peaked caps are comfortable, if you get it in the right size. I much prefer the peaked cap over the beret or wedge, but a ballcap is the best for daily use.
would you be able to advise who is manufacturing your naval peaked cap? Stokes Regalia make ours and comfortable, they are not. Could be just my ill shaped noodle.

BALL CAPS!!!! Sacrilege!!! Heresy!!!

Ooops - Army here - I will tiptoe out the back door now,...... ;)
Funny since there are many pictures of CA folks in operational dress wearing ball caps. The difference is location - at work vs walking to/from work.

heheheh. take out the plastic ring that keeps the top of the lid in a circular shape, instant crusher hat.
For the record those plastic rings were for shipping only; there was a tag in every one I got to say 'remove before wearing'. I kept the rings around to put back in before packing it in a bag for travel.

Pretty comfortable when you did that, pretty funny to hear people complaining about them not fitting properly when they left the packing aid in.

The new hats are okay, but can only get one every 2 years with no option for a cash buy. Pretty sure mine got recycled in a bit of confusion during home renos, so still rocking the old one when I can't wear the beret.

Edit: cash order now available, at $120 + shipping... d'oh!

So you're saying some Naval officers aren't smart enough to read the instructions?

For the record those plastic rings were for shipping only; there was a tag in every one I got to say 'remove before wearing'. I kept the rings around to put back in before packing it in a bag for travel.

Pretty comfortable when you did that, pretty funny to hear people complaining about them not fitting properly when they left the packing aid in.

The new hats are okay, but can only get one every 2 years with no option for a cash buy. Pretty sure mine got recycled in a bit of confusion during home renos, so still rocking the old one when I can't wear the beret.

So can you shape it like a U Boat commander like in Das Boot?

They do have the replaceable white covers available now.

They do have the replaceable white covers available now.
Yes, ordered one of those on points as well. Ended up costing me just shy of $150 for a replacement new hat on a cash buy as I can't get one on points until 2024. On the plus side, can get another fur cap now!

Back