• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

My initial thought based on just the info provided is he's not graduated either BMQ or DP1. Many moons ago I was not authorized to draw DEU as a reservist until I had completed QL3.
In fact, it's only because it's not issue before DP1 is complete. We have a stock of DEU's at the unit just for that. It's temp issue from the RQ when needed.

Which brings me to my next rant....

About dress

So CAF had a recruitment problem. Here is my little beef. The Daughter unit is in 12 going to prom with the boyfriend. He is in a Kilted unit. He will have it the full kit by the date of the event. But nope not allowed to wear it. What a better CAF market opportunity is that? The graduating class prom with a boy (crap a man now) in a kilt and full kit going. Every other kid there would see that and be envious. That's what has worked for hundreds of years....but nope spend millions on dumb ads trying to hook young people that will never see them or appeal to them.

Only bright side is the daughter is happy not to be upstaged. Lol
Went to mine in patrols (borrowed) Nary a raised eyebrow, and this was the late 60's.

the ugliest, most uncomfortable lid ive been issued.......thank god only for parades in my police agency......now doing the ballcap thing.
The new RCN peaked caps are comfortable, if you get it in the right size. I much prefer the peaked cap over the beret or wedge, but a ballcap is the best for daily use.

I would really like to know the reason why he's not allowed.

Perhaps someone in his chain of command reads and abides by QR&Os.

17.06 - WEARING OF UNIFORM - RESTRICTION

(2) No member of the Reserve Force shall wear uniform except when:
  1. on service; or
  2. attending a military entertainment or a ceremony at which the wearing of uniform is appropriate.

the ugliest, most uncomfortable lid ive been issued.......thank god only for parades in my police agency......now doing the ballcap thing.
Not even close. this is the most useless hat ever invented
1960s-a-proud-young-man-in-his-uniform-a-member-of-the-boys-brigade-bb-receiving-an-award-a-badge-by-a-lady-fife-scotland-uk-founded-in-glasgow-scotland-by-william-alexander-smith-in-1883-to-combine-drill-and-fun-activities-with-christian-values-the-boys-brigade-is-the-largest-christian-uniformed-youth-organisation-in-the-uk-alexander-smiths-introduction-of-camping-for-adolescents-was-new-in-the-late-19th-century-with-the-first-camp-in-tighnabruiach-in-1886-the-basic-bb-uniform-was-a-pillbox-cap-or-round-hat-a-belt-with-a-buckle-and-a-shoulder-strap-worn-over-a-suit-2G1FCRK.jpg

More like someone in his chain of command applies an overly strict interpretation of the QR&Os to the detriment of the member and unit.
Its Ok, he is young and a very new member. He won't push it, Plus the Daughter wants pictures with her the center of attention. LOL

But my point was to illustrate a problem. The CAF so far removed for "regular" life that is in the a negative.

My point was recruiting would be helped more by a situation like a prom that then millions spent on ads on social media trying to reach the influencers.

Even modern kids will like a guy in a nice uniform. (worked for me then I was 18 in the 1980's)

With permission, I would assume a prom or graduation would be appropriate.

I have seen members of both the Regular and Reserve Force lining up for the "ballet" at the Plaza here in Kingston without an eye batted.

I thought that place was closed ?

I thought that place was closed ?
Rebranded as "Suits" nightclub. Still has entertainment similar to the Plaza.

Helps that the City of Kingston ByLaw governing Adult Entertainment venues lists that there is only one physical location available to be licensed for that...and it's 46 Montreal Street. Any person buying that building would have to be foolish not to get into that aspect of Kingston's cultural attractions....

Helps that the City of Kingston ByLaw governing Adult Entertainment venues lists that there is only one physical location available to be licensed for that...and it's 46 Montreal Street. Any person buying that building would have to be foolish not to get into that aspect of Kingston's cultural attractions....
Thread jacking.....You would be surprised the lack of profitability in the "ballet" business in Canada now. Costs are very high. Labour and "talent" is not there and unable to find. No more eastern European girls, and the Asian girls stories are pure horrifying. Canadian girls are like strip clubs what are they? Can't I just do that Onlyfans in my basement. Plus in the end P@rn is free.

Halifax's last ballet closed a while ago, and the city passed a by law that no more are allowed to be open in the HRM. Can you believe it, a Navy town with no ballets ?

Thread jacking.....You would be surprised the lack of profitability in the "ballet" business in Canada now. Costs are very high. Labour and "talent" is not there and unable to find. No more eastern European girls, and the Asian girls stories are pure horrifying. Canadian girls are like strip clubs what are they? Can't I just do that Onlyfans in my basement. Plus in the end P@rn is free.
Not refuting any of your points. Its not the industry it once was. In the end, when you're the only game in town for horny drunk folks and desperate college students, you're in a better position than in a city like Toronto or Montreal.

Not refuting any of your points. Its not the industry it once was. In the end, when you're the only game in town for horny drunk folks and desperate college students, you're in a better position than in a city like Toronto or Montreal.
Local regulatory backlash not worth the bother. Organized crime (outlaw motorcycle gangs) have determined running drugs and guns are more profitable, and many had trouble keeping up with the regulatory business and liquor licence angles, which made them vulnerable.

I have no problem with the Rangers' uniform - including when they wear red T-shirts rather than hoodies on hot days; my problem is with most of the rest of the CF's unnecessary uniforms ... the ones with jackets and ties, especially.

I have no problem with soldiers wearing fancy, 19th century uniforms, either - so long as they are paid for without using taxpayer' dollars. I, personally, paid a sh!t load of money for uncomfortable, old-fashioned "dress" uniforms - as did every other officer and senior NCO of my generation. When "we" (whoever "we" were) wanted soldiers to be dressed in 19th century uniforms I chipped in as "requested" by the adjutant - no problem. But we shouldn't waste scarce defence dollars that are needed for bullets and beans on jackets and ties.

Like I said, when I was Third Man on the Tomb, the public was decidedly not impressed by the Ranger uniform.

Back