• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Politics 2017 (split fm US Election: 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FJAG said:
Trump is hyping a uranium scandal about Hillary Clinton. Here's why some observers call it 'bogus'
Complex tale about 2010 Uranium One deal revived as Trump camp fends off Mueller probe

Worried she might make a run for town council in New York state? Or still hurting that she beat him by 3 million votes?

Hard to imagine President Obama whining about John McCain or Mitt Romney a year after the elections.

mariomike said:
Hard to imagine President Obama whining about John McCain or Mitt Romney a year after the elections.
Too busy droning people  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

mariomike said:
Worried she might make a run for town council in New York state? Or still hurting that she beat him by 3 million votes?

So that book tour Clinton is currently on is putting the past behind her? It sounds like a blame everybody super whiny sore loser cry fest. Those votes cost a few bucks more than Trump's, twice as much for each vote. According to the election results Clinton's money was wasted since she received zero from it and had to go back to Chappaqua and maybe sell that house she bought for her staff to live in.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-09/trump-redefined-us-politics-after-hillary-spent-nearly-twice-much-vote-nothing
http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-confident-victory-second-home-chappaqua-accommodate-white-house-staff/

kkwd said:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-09/trump-redefined-us-politics-after-hillary-spent-nearly-twice-much-vote-nothing[/url]
http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-confident-victory-second-home-chappaqua-accommodate-white-house-staff/[/url]

Zero Hedge by Tyler Durden:
"The news portion of the site is written by a group of editors who collectively write under the pseudonym "Tyler Durden" (a character from the novel and film Fight Club)."
"Zero Hedge's content has been classified as "alt-right", anti-establishment, conspiratorial, and economically pessimistic, and has been criticized for presenting extreme and sometimes pro-Russian views."

In 2009, shortly after the blog was founded, news reports identified Daniel Ivandjiiski, a Bulgarian-born former hedge-fund analyst who was barred from the industry for insider trading by FINRA in 2008, as the founder of the site, and reported that "Durden" was a pseudonym for Ivandjiiski. One contributor, who spoke to New York magazine after an interview was arranged by Ivandjiiski, said that "up to 40" people were permitted to post under the "Durden" name. The website is registered in Bulgaria at the same address as that of Strogo Sekretno, a site run by Ivandjiiski's father, Krassimir Ivandjiiski. Zero Hedge is registered under the name Georgi Georgiev, a business partner of Krassimir Ivandjiiski.

Dr. Craig Pirrong, professor at the Bauer College of Business writes that "I have frequently written that Zero Hedge has the MO of a Soviet agitprop operation, that it reliably peddles Russian propaganda: my first post on this, almost exactly three years ago, noted the parallels between Zero Hedge and Russia Today."

In April 2016, the authors writing as "Durden" on the website were reported by Bloomberg News to be Ivandjiiski, Tim Backshall (a credit derivatives strategist), and Colin Lokey. Lokey, the newest member revealed himself and the other two when he left the site in April 2016. Ivandjiiski confirmed that the three men "had been the only Tyler Durdens on the payroll" since Lokey joined the site in 2015.

More, including references, regarding Zero Hedge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

The Washington Free Beacon
"Media Matters for America's founder David Brock sent a letter to news organizations in 2014 saying, "If credible media outlets regard the unethical practices of The Free Beacon as valid, all of journalism will be debased."
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2014/06/23/david-brock-advises-media-of-the-washington-fre/199835

kkwd said:

It's not just Wikipedia.

Zero Hedge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Free_Beacon#References

^ Jump up to: a b c d e f g h Alloway, Tracy; Kawa, Luke (April 29, 2016). "Unmasking the Men Behind Zero Hedge, Wall Street's Renegade Blog", Bloomberg Markets. Archive: [1]
2.Jump up ^ "zerohedge.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
3.Jump up ^ Wallace-Wells, Benjamin (5 May 2016). "Is the Alt-Right for Real?". The New Yorker. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
4.^ Jump up to: a b Egan, Matt (September 25, 2014). "Zero Hedge: Wall Street's daily dose of doom and gloom". CNNMoney.
5.Jump up ^ Alexandra Scagg 4 A weekend in Texas with ZeroHedge readers, Part 2, Financial Times (July 6, 2017): "What follows are some other notable conspiracy theories introduced by ZeroHedge commenters, with brief explanations."
6.^ Jump up to: a b Pirrong, Craig. How Do You Know That Zero Hedge is a Russian Information Operation? Here’s How, Streetwise Professor (November 20, 2014)
7.^ Jump up to: a b "Unmasking the men behind Zero Hedge, Wall Street's renegade blog". 30 April 2016.
8.^ Jump up to: a b c Moore, Galen (December 19, 2012). "Bank of America blocks employees from reading Zero Hedge blog". Boston Business Journal.
9.^ Jump up to: a b c d e Hagan, Joe (September 27, 2009). "The Dow Zero Insurgency", New York. Retrieved May 12, 2011.
10.^ Jump up to: a b c d Fox, Justin (October 10, 2009). "Wall Streeters like conspiracy theories. Always have". Time.
11.^ Jump up to: a b Whitehouse, Kaja (September 2, 2009). "Blogger May Have a Past", New York Post. Retrieved May 12, 2011
Jump up ^ Mishev, Konstantin (26 June 2016). "Zero Hedge now for use in Bulgaria too". Bulgaria Analytica.
13.Jump up ^ МАРИЯНСКА, Еми (6 September 2014). "Българин е най-скандалният блогър в Щатите". Blitz (in Bulgarian).
14.Jump up ^ Tim Fox, Interview with "Tyler Durden" on Taking Stock[permanent dead link] (MP3) Bloomberg Radio. (August 20, 2009). Retrieved December 4, 2011
15.Jump up ^ Ryan Chittum, Insurer Alleges Fraud by Bear Stearns and JPMorgan, Columbia Journalism Review (January 25, 2011).
16.Jump up ^ Taibbi, Matt, Griftopia, New York: Spiegel & Grau (2010), p. 208 ISBN 978-0-385-52995-2
17.Jump up ^ Craig, Susanne (October 4, 2011). "Morgan Tries to Quell Rumors About Its Holdings", The New York Times.
18.Jump up ^ Salmon, Felix (September 30, 2009). "The Zero Hedgies". Reuters Blogs.
19.Jump up ^ Worstall, Tim (February 23, 2016). "Zero Hedge Still Wrong on Maersk, Global Trade and the Baltic Dry". Forbes.
20.Jump up ^ "The Full Story Behind Bloomberg's Attempt To "Unmask"". Zero Hedge. 2016-04-29. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
21.Jump up ^ Krugman, Paul (September 21, 2015). "Nutcases and Knut Cases", The New York Times.
22.Jump up ^ Krugman, Paul (November 21, 2012). "All Hail Calculated Risk", The New York Times.
23.Jump up ^ Pirrong, Craig. Peas in a Pod: Occupy, RT, and Zero Hedge, Streetwise Professor (November 7, 2011)

The Washington Free Beacon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Free_Beacon#References

Jump up ^ "About Us". Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
2.^ Jump up to: a b Smith, Ben (5 January 2012). "How to fight liberals: Imitate them". Politico. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
3.Jump up ^ Rothstein, Betsy (4 August 2014). "Washington Free Beacon goes private". Daily Caller. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
4.^ Jump up to: a b Auletta, Ken (2 June 2014). "The Hillary Show". The New Yorker. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
5.Jump up ^ Friedersdorf, Conor (8 February 2012). "The Worst Mission Statement in the History of D.C. Journalism". The Atlantic. theatlantic.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
6.Jump up ^ Antle, Jim (21 July 2013). "Southern Avenger no more: Rand Paul aide Jack Hunter leaves staff, returns to punditry". Daily Caller. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
7.Jump up ^ Kreutz, Liz (20 June 2014). "Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again". ABC News. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
8.Jump up ^ Vogel, Kenneth P.; Haberman, Maggie (2017-10-27). "Conservative Website First Funded Anti-Trump Research by Firm That Later Produced Dossier". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-10-28.
Jump up ^ Vogel, Kenneth P.; Haberman, Maggie (October 27, 2017). "Conservative Website First Funded Anti-Trump Research by Firm That Later Produced Dossier". The New York Times. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
10.Jump up ^ Continetti, Matthew; Goldfarb, Michael (27 October 2017). "Fusion GPS and the Washington Free Beacon". Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
11.^ Jump up to: a b Borchers, Callum (2017-10-27). "Analysis | Washington Free Beacon reported 'an unknown GOP client' funded Fusion GPS. It was the Beacon". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2017-10-28.
12.Jump up ^ Rutenberg, Jim (23 February 2014). "A Conservative Provocateur, Using a Blowtorch as His Pen". New York Times. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
13.Jump up ^ Baumann, Nick (March–April 2015). "Conservatives started a news website and it's actually kind of good". Mother Jones. motherjones.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
14.Jump up ^ "The Problem With the Mainstream Media: It's Not More Like the Washington Free Beacon". Washingtonian. 2015-08-06. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
15.Jump up ^ Friedersdorf, Conor (8 January 2014). "The ascendant 'smear wing' of the conservative movement". The Atlantic. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
16.Jump up ^ "David Brock Advises Media Of The Washington Free Beacon's Unethical Practices". Media Matters for America. Retrieved 8 September 2014.

kkwd said:

I assume that you provided the link to "Media Bias Fact Check" because you believe it to be credible, and that you specifically linked their assessment of "Media Matters" as a critique of the post by mariomike, as though "LEFT BIAS" is all that is required for mocking dismissal.
Media Matters

LEFT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Some of us take pride in reading numerous sources from across the political spectrum, knowing that pretty much everything we read has some form of bias.  However we rely upon facts, as best we can find them, to inform our own opinions on various topics.

Posting a link to a site that is rated HIGH in "Factual Reporting" as a critique  merely reinforces the belief that actual facts have no place in these political 'discussions' -- all we need is name-calling and simplistic left/right parroting;  one need not even read, let alone consider, what anyone else has posted.

FJAG said:
People Are Boycotting Jim Beam Because Of Something Mila Kunis Said
Picking up a bottle of Jim Beam is now on the grocery list.  :cheers:

Best response so far:
I thank God, my decent education and white privilege that I can afford to buy good whiskey. #boycottbeam is no hardship for me.

...although he mis-spelled Whisky... :nod:

G2G

Journeyman said:
Picking up a bottle of Jim Beam is now on the grocery list.  :cheers:

Is it good whiskey?  I had a bottle of Wisers apple whiskey, pretty good cheap stuff.

I get a kick out of outrage twitter posts.  So powerful. So effective.

Jarnhamar said:
I get a kick out of outrage twitter posts. 

You will love this one. His most recent tweet was crowing about the 2016 election. 
Apparently, he still can't get over the fact that a woman beat him by 3 million votes. 

A Twitter staffer on their last day on the job shut him down for about 15 minutes.

We thank you for your service!  :cdnsalute:

But imagine if Hillary won the presidency? You would be in an awkward position of being glad she won but opposing her on principle since she lost the popular vote. You would be proclaiming Trump should have won.  ;D

Jarnhamar said:
But imagine if Hillary won the presidency? You would be in an awkward position of being glad she won but opposing her on principle since she lost the popular vote. You would be proclaiming Trump should have won.  ;D

She did win the Popular Vote. By three million.  :)

Perhaps you can answer this: Why is he and the base still obsessed with her? Are they afraid she will run for town council in New York state?

What would he and the base have said if President Obama was whining about John McCain and Mitt Romney a year after the the elections?

I meant if Trump won the popular vote but lost the race you would be arguing that Trump should have won, right?

I'm not sure why they're "obsessed" with her. Maybe it's her book tour or continued politicking or Clinton empire?

Maybe the tweet was his way of ignoring what happened in last nights elections?

I wonder if the election results were a referendum on the president?

What elections were last night?

I did a quick search and started reading this;

Donald Trump’s hateful campaign platform unleashed the floodgates for right-wing extremists – validating his divisive rhetoric and enabling him to skate right past Hillary Clinton and a fragmented left.

I got triggered thinking of Nazis so had to start colouring.

Jarnhamar said:
What elections were last night?
https://www.google.ca/search?dcr=0&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A11%2F7%2F2017%2Ccd_max%3A11%2F8%2F2017&ei=pbQDWoDFJauZjwSK14voCQ&q=election+trump&oq=election+trump&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l5j0i22i30k1l4j0i22i10i30k1.3432.5494.0.6260.6.6.0.0.0.0.171.877.0j6.6.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.6.861...0i67k1j0i131k1j0i20i263k1.0.NWgn-wJpTFI

Jarnhamar said:
I did a quick search and started reading this;

If you would include links with the quotes you post we could take a look at them.

I wouldn't want to trigger anyone else  ;D

But most of the articles from that link basically say the same thing. Trump white suppremmist alt right campaign of fear and hate bigotry racist. Trump is the antichrist essentially.

Honestly though, those articles cheering on the democrat "crushing victories", in between the anti Trump rethroic, just feels desperate. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back