• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I thought this thread was for AFV's, where the FV stands for "fighting vehicle".

Sorry R AF G, this looks like a M113 modified by civilians to do road work.

At first blush it appears to be a heavily modified AMX13 but there are only 4 road wheels, now being that modified one of the road wheels may have been sacrificed for the mine rolling equipment.

I don't know what it is, but it is NOT a mine roller. That looks more like a brush for sweeping a runway.

I thought this thread was for AFV's, where the FV stands for "fighting vehicle".

Sorry R AF G, this looks like a M113 modified by civilians to do road work.
Modified version of a MBT.

Hetzer Chassis based mine roller?
Sorry.

At first blush it appears to be a heavily modified AMX13 but there are only 4 road wheels, now being that modified one of the road wheels may have been sacrificed for the mine rolling equipment.
Not an AMX-13, but it is used for mine clearing.

I don't know what it is, but it is NOT a mine roller. That looks more like a brush for sweeping a runway.
Yes, it is used for mine clearing!

It's a Swedish MC 103 V Glufs Glufs mine roller.  They used a modified S tank to make it.... :salute:

Gasplug

Here goes. One from my own collection of weird and wonderful "widgets"...

Gasplug  :salute:

Looks like a Charioteer. Judging by the drivers vision cover late war production type, possibly sent to Jordan or Egypt.

Congrats, Old and Tired!  :nod:

It is indeed an FV4101 Charioteer. This is one of the 56 that were sold to Austria in 1956. It is now in the Panzergarten of the Army Museum in Vienna.

I guess I should have cropped it a bit more to make it more challenging. >:D

Your turn!

Gasplug  :salute:

I'm away from home on a tasking right now so I'll throw it open to anyone that has a photo to offer.

This should be easy
nicetry.jpg

Colin P said:
nien (hope I got the spelling right)
Nein, du hast das Wort "nein" falsch geschrieben ;)

(And I don't know what the vehicle is, either) :(

Looks like a WWI Simplex Armoured petrol locomotive, except for the extra tower that kind of baffles me.

Am I hot?

My Google-fu is strong today!

These Malayan Railway railcars designed by the Brtish and named the Wickham Armoured Railcar, were used during the Malayan Emergency 1948-1960 to carry bullion and other valuables to protect them from the Communist terrorists (CTs). Subsequently they were used as Public Works Department Inspection Trolleys. One example is on show at the Royal Malaysian Police Museum in Kuala Lumpur. It’s a place well worth a visit.

Bingo
This one is a Port Dickson, well worth the visit! The one at the KL police museum is blue, another place worth visiting.

Back