• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Scorpion turret (Cougar pre-mid 90's refit) gunnery simulator, complete with empty COAX mount and on the gunner's side, what looks like a RADNIS sight.  Remember "Up and Away for Day".

I don't think Canadian as all ours were painted a light pukey green colour, not this grey colour in the picture.  Brit, Aussie or Kiwi is my vote (for a blinding flash of the obvious)...

CSA 105 said:
Scorpion turret (Cougar pre-mid 90's refit) gunnery simulator, complete with empty COAX mount and on the gunner's side, what looks like a RADNIS sight.  Remember "Up and Away for Day".

I don't think Canadian as all ours were painted a light pukey green colour, not this grey colour in the picture.  Brit, Aussie or Kiwi is my vote (for a blinding flash of the obvious)...

You are good CSA 105. I jumped into an old MRV training turret to check and bam! You are excellent!

It's not a Scimatar and it is  a real vehicle, although no longer in service and this example belongs to the Littlefields collection, it is a the Raden 30mm

Bingo! very good, do people want some more interior pictures of AFV's?

What surprised me the most was how litle space the Raden takes up, if I recall correctly I counted about 38 slots for the clips in the turret.

CM-32 Yunpao (Cloud Leopard) armored personnel carrier

Hey!  The pixellated camo of the Cloud Leopard would match well with CADPAT TW.  Quick somebody send the picture to DLR!!!!!

;D

Gasplug  :salute:

Old and Tired said:
MCG

Yours to run with.
I'm being kept busy for the moment, so I'll take a pass.  Fist to post a picture gets the next round.

I don't think it's a Messerschmitt Bf109 as the main undercarriage has the landing gear doors on the outside, which presumes the undercarriage retracts towards the fuselage. I'm sure the 109 undercarriage retracts outwards.

Your right.  The tail is too square.  It is Heinkel He 112.

The wheel screams "SPITFIRE" to me....is it a captured Spit in German markings?

Back