• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

http://www.warwheels.net/images/tuckerTigerHAUGH.jpg

One further commercial development of this period was the Tucker Tiger Tank, made by Preston Tucker in 1938. This vehicle had a speed of 74 miles an hour (119km/h), was designed for a crew of three men, was powered by a Packard special V-12 engine, had an armor thickness of .28 to .56-inch (7.1mm – 14.2mm), and was armed with two caliber .30 and one caliber .50 machine guns, in addition to one 37mm gun carried in a turret of bullet-proof glass mounted over the rear axle. This vehicle was also designed as a track-laying vehicle.  The requirement for all armored cars was canceled by OCM Item 13358, dated 14 January 1937.

img0699cy9.jpg

It was the helmets and jeeps in the background that clued me to country. But I had to cheat and look up my book. it appears to be a early prototype of the Steyr 4K 4FA?

Yes it is an early Saurer prototype. Tests showed that it was too tall and narrow and so was completely reworked.

Your turn.

Regards,
ironduke57

Back