• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I think the top one is a British Valentine.

the bottom is a M113 Fire Support Vehicle used by Australia.

nsmedicman said:
Russian T-80B???

Nope. Have I stumped you guys!? I'll give you a hint. It's a Type-something and it ain't a tank. There weren't a lot of them made as they weren't very effective in their intended role.

MG

Damn used to know the vehicles...if I remember right it's either French or South African but more inclined to go with French...been so long since I did Veh Recognition

Looks to me like a French AMX-13.

oscillating turret...90mm main gun...autoloader...

...But I have been wrong before.

Ok, here is one.

Name the tank, and the model of said tank (You know how the soviets, and their clients added letters on the end of the names...)

zts72.jpg

M8 Buford/Thunderbolt (not sure what one they went with...if any) AGS light tank...

Right on, M8 but they went with Ridgeway

Yours is Slovakian T-72M1 ;D

Cool.  God, they are all about confusing me...mean people they are.  How many names did they go through?  Just kidding.

I thought it was the M2...but they look the same to me (if they have that cool sporty reactive armor)...So I'll take it.

How about one photo at a time guys and gals.....don't want to put people into overload... ;D

As for mine, it's not French. Right continent; wrong country....

Not that easy for me...

I am going to say it is a Warrior...that is about as specific as I can get.

And, darn it!  It looked like an AMX-13...Perhaps it is the Austrian Steyr Kurassier...I think it had the same turret, but a 105mm instead of the 90mm  (but what am I thinking...that picture certainly does not look like austria...)

I am going to say Warrior as well....

Koenigsegg....you are correct sir.....Austrian Steyr Kurassier

God! Mine didnt take long did they! I genuinely thought the Sentinel would stump some people at least for a little bit. Bloody awesome to see all these tanks and vehicles here. I've never seen most of them.
BTW, the MRV stopped being used a fair few years back, apparently watching troop shoots with them used to be brilliant but as with all good things it must end.
Nsmedicman has a good point, ought to slow it down a little bit. Keep them coming though

Back