• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

that is a c130 talon used by US Air Force Spec Ops out of Hurlbert Field, Florida.

Note the swing arms on the nose used to recover pers on the ground.

Hmmm... think I'll wait for the plane to land before getting on!

tanker....you're correct....with what it's used for......MC-130E to be exact... ;D

What am I and where do I come from? What other country has me in their arsenal? What weapons do I have?

I am the Pantsir-S1 and I come from Russia. The UAE has ordered 50 of me. I am armed with two 2A72 30mm cannons and twelve 57E6 missiles.

MG

I do love the internet! Still a Pantsir is pretty easy (how many truck mounted SAM systems are there out there?).  ;D

Here's a good one.

MG

Shamrock said:
Guess 9S18M1 TAR is wrong too then ;)

I was wrong troops....I guess I was too sleepy to realise it.

It was a Snowdrift. I mistakened it for the Billboard radar....which looks extreemly close.

In the light of day though....WTF was I thinking?

From Janes....

Key elements of the SA-11 system are the Command Post (CP) 9S470, the surveillance radar vehicle 9S18, the Transporter-Erector-Launcher And Radar vehicle (TELAR) 9A310, the Loader Launcher (LL) 9A39 and the missile 9M38 (Buk M-1). All the vehicles are on a fully tracked GM 569 armoured chassis, which is based on a MT-S tractor chassis built by Metrovagonmash at Mytischi. This provides protection from small arms fire and is sealed against NBC attack. The vehicles have a maximum road speed of 65 km/h and a range of 500 km. Each vehicle can be dispersed up to 5 km and if necessary, the TELAR vehicle can operate and launch missiles autonomously. A typical missile battery will have a command post, a surveillance radar, six TELARs, three loader launchers and a total of 48 missiles.

The 9S18 (NATO designation 'Snow Drift') NIIIP surveillance radar, when erected, has an antenna array consisting of a large rectangular 3-D phased array antenna with a smaller rectangular IFF aerial fitted horizontally on top. The antenna rotates through 360º at 6.7, 10 or 18 rpm and covers 0 to 40º in elevation or up to 55º over a limited sector. The 'Snow Drift' is reported to be capable of tracking up to 100 targets, to have a maximum range of 100 km against fighter aircraft targets at altitudes from 1,000 m to 25 km, and to have a range of 35 km against targets at 100 m altitude. The radar uses frequency agility, clutter rejection, and has a digital processor. This radar takes less than 5 minutes to become fully operational after the vehicle comes to a halt. Information is transmitted to the command post vehicle via a radio datalink or landline. The surveillance radar is mounted on a GM-567 tracked chassis, which weighs 35,000 kg and has a crew of three. This vehicle has a 75 kW gas turbine electric power generator. The CP automatically and simultaneously tracks up to 15 of the possible 75 targets from the radar. It then performs a target assessment and allocates the selected targets to the TELARs, which then carry out the engagements. One CP normally controls up to six TELAR vehicles and has six operators.

My bad

Regards

I'm no expert but it looks to me like a bigger G-wagon with a couple of .50's on the roof.
While you stew over that how about guessing these....

The G-wagon:  USMC 290 GDT diesel 4x4 Mercedes-Benz

Hale's:

- #1  AC1 Sentinel (WW II)
- #2  M113 "Medium Reconnaisance Vehicle" (Scorpion turret on M113 chassis)

Both Australian Army...

Edit to fix typo

Teddy Ruxpin said:
Hale's:

- #1  AC1 Sentinel (WW II)
- #1  M113 "Medium Reconnaisance Vehicle" (Scorpion turret on M113 chassis)

Both Australian Army...

Real original      ;D

Quote from: nsmedicman on Today at 11:52:56
Dew-ert.....Chinese Type 85 MBT???

Nope but you're on the right track.

MG

Looks like a Chinese Type 99 (T-72-based)...

Back