• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MilCOTS GMC Silverado (Iltis replacement for the PRes)

Cpl Thompson said:
Apparently we cant go over 7000kms a year due to the fact that they are leased veh...

I believe the correct number is 8000km per year though I have heard 7000km as well. This is not because they are leased, the reason I was given by my TN Sgt. was that DND wants these things to be a round for a while (How long was the Iltis around?) and they don't want to burn up all the mileage for fear of reprisals from the delaerships that service them.

Wouldn't be a bad truck if it had some better tires like say BF Goodrich All Terrain KO's. Nice enough ride on the paved stuff and agressive enough for playing in the mud. Even a set of Mud Terrains would be better than what's on the truck now.

Not sure if any of you have experienced the light show the truck will put on if it's computer is messed up like one of the ones in my unit. What I have seen happen while driving down the highway at 90km/h (speedometer drops sown to zero even though your moving, gear indicator light goes out, radio dies, all idiot lights on the dash blink off and on at random) very tactical guys. Have brought it into the dealer a number of times and they can't locate the problem.

Any advice would be helpful (aside from the drive it off the nearest cliff)

Light show: Turn off veh, restart veh, speedo and guages should work, repeat as necessary.

Km Restrictions:  There is NO fleet km restrictions on this veh.  Please stop spreading urban myths, or PM me with written ref, memos, or documetation AUTHORIZING any km restrictions.

Pls note that documentation does NOT include the phrases "I heard that..", "I was told that..." or "There are those who believe that...  ."

Tom

TCBF said:
Pls note that documentation does NOT include the phrases "I heard that..", "I was told that..." or "There are those who believe that...   ."

Tom

Point taken Tom, if I can get in writing I will post it for all the world to see.

Back