• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How bad has airline travel become in North America?

• Thread starter jollyjacktar
  • Start date
I'm sitting in the airport three extra hours becasue Air Canada is behind in their flights, and I will miss my connecting flight. At least I was not put through a secondary search here in Halifax this time.

kratz said:
I'm sitting in the airport three extra hours becasue Air Canada is behind in their flights, and I will miss my connecting flight. At least I was not put through a secondary search here in Halifax this time.

I know we all like to hate on Air Canada, but there's no context in this gripe.  Such as, are the other airlines delayed?  Are there weather issues?

Edited to add: just checked flights in Halifax and the only one delayed 3 hrs is an Air Transat flight.

kratz said:

I always love how Air Canada does that without any kind of service anouncement...they just change the time on the gate that the plane is departing or boarding and then the attendant does a Ben Johnson out of there to avoid any questions.  Common courtesy - tell us the plane is broken, destination airport is whited out, whatever - people are generally understanding of that, but not changing without explanation, especially if it's going to be a lengthy process. 

MM

medicineman said:
I always love how Air Canada does that without any kind of service anouncement...they just change the time on the gate that the plane is departing or boarding and then the attendant does a Ben Johnson out of there to avoid any questions.  Common courtesy - tell us the plane is broken, destination airport is whited out, whatever - people are generally understanding of that, but not changing without explanation, especially if it's going to be a lengthy process. 

MM

Agree.  Just flew AC back and in Toronto, they changed the gate on the Toronto/Vancouver flight randomly without telling anyone.  The only way most of the flight found out was someone happened to walk by and say "hey, I heard the gate changed."

They don't announce those thing because it is not in anyone's union contract to do so.

Well, lucky for me, my contract allows me to fly with which ever airline I choose now :).

MM

Colin P said:
Try flying with a firearm on Air Canada  ::)

I wouldn't think that they would let you do that, lest you take out your frustrations, and lodge a complaint about poor service in a meaningful way. >:D

What going on in Glasgow? Is it time to install ignition interlock? < just kidding.  :)

Aug 28, 2016

Two United Airline pilots suspected of being drunk arrested in Glasgow
http://www.680news.com/2016/08/28/two-united-airline-pilots-suspected-of-being-drunk-arrested-in-glasgow/

Saturday’s arrests come barely a month after two Canadian pilots of an Air Transat plane were arrested at Glasgow Airport and charged with trying to fly while intoxicated.

Back