• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Fair enough on the cruise missiles and even drones that are going a 1000 km have to be substantial. I just wonder if there is a need for a cheaper munition. For close range the 20/30/40/57/127 should do the job but even something like CAMM/ER seems an expensive tradeoff plus there is a limited amount of loadouts ie in the CSC 24 CAMM and 24 MK41 although some of those could be quadpacked

You mean like this?

Mk 82 500 pounder
Mk 82 500 pounder plus flight controls and seeker = GBU-12
GBU-12 plus GPS = GBU-38 JDAM
JDAM + Folding Wings = JDAM-ER
JDAM-ER + Turbo Jet = Cruise Missile

Next steps?

Add a rocket booster to achieve

This

1697910784633.png

Or this

1697910828530.png

Fair enough on the cruise missiles and even drones that are going a 1000 km have to be substantial. I just wonder if there is a need for a cheaper munition. For close range the 20/30/40/57/127 should do the job but even something like CAMM/ER seems an expensive tradeoff plus there is a limited amount of loadouts ie in the CSC 24 CAMM and 24 MK41 although some of those could be quadpacked

The issue is range. If you are defending yourself from a small drone or loitering munition coming right at you, then the 20/30/57/127, RAM, or even CAMMs/ESSM, would suffice. If you are doing area defence against targets crossing at long range, like the Carney was probably doing, you need something with the range and accuracy of an SM2 or Aster 30.

Turkey to Hamas: happy to treat your wounded if you like ...
View attachment 80829
TUR state media take here

not helping fox broadcast GIF by Fox TV

Someone should tell them how meaningless protesting in Canada is considering our ever growing irrelevance thanks to their favourite sock boy PM.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/trudeau-mosque-visit-ceasfire-israel-hamas-1.7004089

Based on articles such as this and the Government reaction to Hamas’s claim of the hospital strike, I think the Liberal Government is having an increasingly difficult time rationalizing their desire to support Palestinians for domestic political reasons and supporting a democratic western state in line with the expectations of our allies.

Obviously there is nuance to the entire thing but the Canadian government to me appears tilted towards the Palestine cause while struggling to be seen as supportive of Israel.

Other world leaders announced that it was a Hamas rocket that hit the hospital. In Canada, that task is delegated to a minister avoids ownership by attributing the statement to the military.
Released as a tweet - by the defence minister so that the PM and foreign affairs don't have to comment - at 9:51 pm on a Saturday night.

It'll be interesting to see when the media actually picks up on this.

🍻

Back