• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aug 2008 BMQ - ALL LOCATIONS

rytel said:
Good to know.  How did you feel about the material covered in 001 and 002? Useful/interesting/helped you do your job better?  Was it info you wish you had learned right from the get go?

'DCE002 Introduction to Military Law' seems to be useful since knowing for sure what not to do to stay out of trouble would be helpful. As for 'DCE001 Introduction to Defence Management' and 'HIE208 Canadian Military History', I don't know what to make of it but the more you know, the better you're off so it can't hurt.

Course Descriptions are at link below:

http://www.opme.forces.gc.ca/engraph/courses/timetable/courses_e.asp

It's official - I'll be working half-days at the CFRC Kitchener, doing reception and office tasks.  The other half of the day will be reserved for OPMEs and exercise.

I'm happy on one hand to be getting some military experience before the August BMOQ, but money is going to be tight on OCdt pay for the next 6 months.  Had to quit a job today that pays twice as much to free up my schedule.  I think I'll just run the 15km to the CFRC every day to save money on gas then :)

Congrats to all who made it into the Aug 2008 course.  I just got my call, accepted my offer and am going to be enrolled early August.  They say I will then depart Edmonton on the 16th and commence training on the 18th.  Wow, anyone else get the same information as I did?  Now it is just a matter of maintaining the fitness level for the 20 meter shuttle! 

:cdn:

Don't fool yourself that 'all you have to do' is maintain that.  Improve it if you can.  Along with sit ups, push ups, chin ups.  General overall health.  I am not sure if you just made a general comment about the 20 MSR but if so...read up on the link below.

http://www.psppetawawa.com/UCFExpres.cfm

No it was a general comment about the 20 MSR.  I am at the gym everyday, playing organized sport everyother day and eating healthy.  I am preparing for a tough few months and want to be ready for it. 

So who else has been called up with an offer so far?  Anyone from the Edmonton CFRC?  Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for August?  Would be good to get in touch with those who we may meet in August.

hope to be there. I have to do some update, I was suppose to be on 5th may. I think everything should be done for august... 

That is great - congrats...did you receive the info in the mail yet?  I think they mail you information on enrolment and general stuff on how to prepare...

No. I was suppose to swearin 27th of march. I didn't that why I have to do some update, then I'll get another offer... Didn't get it yet

Hello folks,

Got a phone call on Monday, offering me my 1st choice in the air force, CELE Officer. I leave for St Jean in Aug 2008

Surname: Bay
Trade: CELE Officer (DEO)

Anyone else out there going at this time and for this occupation?

I just accepted my offer for the 18 of august course arrive in montreal on the 16 so I guess I will see some of you guys there

I'll be on the August Course.

Surname: Van Muyen
Trade: Armoured Officer

Looks like I'll be joining you guys on the 18th of August, at least from what I know so far. I get more details early this week.

Surname: Long
Trade: Aerospace Controller

Out of Mississauga CFRC

Got my offer on Tuesday May 6th and my package from the CFRC (Kingston) yesterday so i'll see the rest of you in August in St Jean.  ;)

Surname: Bramley
Trade: LOG

Hey,

Anyone from Edmonton CFRC receive their package yet and notification of when enrollment will be?

chrishe said:
Looks like I'll be on the August BMOQ. I was almost on the April 25 course, but didn't make it.

Surname: Hewlett

If you are mate. looking forward to seeing you there. Am Aug CELE as well  :salute:

Back