• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aug 2008 BMQ - ALL LOCATIONS

MPS

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just accepted my offer.
Just wondering who has been scheduled for BMOQ in August 2008.

I'm going in as an Infantry Officer, out of the Winnipeg CFRC.

Anyone else out there going when I am?

I'll be there.

Surname: Telfer

In for Artillery Officer (DEO), out of Kitchener.

Did you receive the dates?

I was told (so far) that i will be on August course. DEO Infantry.

I hope to be there. Was told to expect an offer some time in May, and would be getting in the August BMOQ. Hopefully i'm there with you guys.

yes thats what i was told as well. not going to plan on it till i'm on the plane. 

Ugh...Just read the other thread about the May 5th BMOQ being full now and they're putting everyone else into this one.  Have to do my Interview and medical tomorrow but assuming that goes well guess I'll end up in this one too which is not great for me as my wife is due on August 21st which would be I'd be away during this time.  Oh well, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.  Will just have to wait and see how tomorrow goes and take it from when I get the actual word.  :(

Name: Mike Clarkson
Trade: Logistics (DEO)

I haven't been told that I will be on this course but since I'm one of the 48 out of 64 that got bumped from the May 5th course, I think it's a reasonable assumption.

I hope they make room for lots as it seems it will be another large group.

Surname: MacKenzie
Trade: SIGS (DEO)

wow, they bumped that many?

I've heard of some whom are doing BMOQ in Esquimalt, but yes it sounds like a large class coming up in August.

I guess I'll be there as well, all the way from Vancouver.  Not exactly sure about the month and day though.  Was told that more information would be mailed to my house.

Surname: Park
Trade: Air Ops (will be determined after 1st year at RMC)

billypark said:
I guess I'll be there as well, all the way from Vancouver.  Not exactly sure about the month and day though.  Was told that more information would be mailed to my house.

Surname: Park
Trade: Air Ops (will be determined after 1st year at RMC)

If you will be attending RMC starting the Fall of 2008 you will not be attending BMOQ in August.

Aw... Why not? I was sort of looking forward to the obstacle course thing. Well, thanks for telling me.  Better that I know now than later.

billypark said:
Aw... Why not? I was sort of looking forward to the obstacle course thing. Well, thanks for telling me.  Better that I know now than later.

Contact the recruiting centre where your file has originated and get some clarification on when your IAP starts. The reason you will not attend the August BMOQ is because if you are attending RMC your classes will start in September. Don't fret, you'll get ample time on obstacle courses.

Nixon
DEO Sig

I'll be doing OJT this summer, beginning in May, before attending BMOQ in late August.  While doing OJT, I intend on taking some of the OPME.  I am wondering if taking both DCE 001 and DCE 002 at the same time might be too much of a courseload...  What is everyone else doing?

Also, does anyone know how many other women are going, besides me?

I did both of those courses DCE001 and DCE002 on the web. It was not too bad at all. You Can Do It! Also, my wife may be on that BMOQ with you....wait and see!

BigDaddyFatback said:
I did both of those courses DCE001 and DCE002 on the web. It was not too bad at all. You Can Do It! Also, my wife may be on that BMOQ with you....wait and see!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew how many people were gonna be in the august bmoq since 48 people were taken off the may course of 64 are they gonna send that many peopl aswell as the same amount they were planning on before

Hi

For those of you DEO with a comfirmed date for BMOQ,
please let me know how long have you been waiting since your first application,
and also what civilian experience did you have that qualified you for an officer position...
like supervisor position or team captain, president of the student union etc... and what field have you studied in at University...

As I worte at some places on that forum my boyfriend applied to be an infantry officer and he was told that he would get a phone call in 2 weeks with a job offer or not... and here I am waiting by the phone. please let me know what made you a good candidate for an officer position.

thank you very much
enjoy BMOQ

the_girlfirend said:
As I worte at some places on that forum my boyfriend applied to be an infantry officer and he was told that he would get a phone call in 2 weeks with a job offer or not... and here I am waiting by the phone. please let me know what made you a good candidate for an officer position.

I hope this question doesn't come across as rude, but why isn't your boyfriend asking these questions on his own behalf? It just strikes me as odd that an officer candidate would have his girlfriend do all the work for him.  ???

the_girlfirend said:
Hi

For those of you DEO with a comfirmed date for BMOQ,
please let me know how long have you been waiting since your first application,
and also what civilian experience did you have that qualified you for an officer position...
like supervisor position or team captain, president of the student union etc... and what field have you studied in at University...

As I wrote at some places on that forum my boyfriend applied to be an infantry officer and he was told that he would get a phone call in 2 weeks with a job offer or not... and here I am waiting by the phone. please let me know what made you a good candidate for an officer position.

thank you very much
enjoy BMOQ

Though I agree that your boyfriend really needs to inquire on his own initiative I will answer the question. To become an Infantry Officer under the DEO plan an applicant may have just about any degree to qualify. The interview is a crucial step in the selection process, a good candidate will know exactly what the training entails, and what he or she will be doing once training is completed. Infantry Officers or any Officers for that matter are leaders so during the interview an ideal candidate will have leadership experience, this could be anything from being a Captain of a sports team to organizing committees. In addition a good candidate is someone who is willing to get involved, play organized sports, have many interests. Also the candidate must show proof that the job he or she is applying for is right for them and a trade in which they will succeed. So if your boyfriend resembles those qualities and made those qualities apparent during the interview chances are he will be selected, HOWEVER don't take my word on it as nothing is guaranteed.

Back