• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Chat [merged]

LOL, soo much for that:

ERROR You are banned from this network. Excessive Flooding.

Damn IRC, I bet it's because I had my applet open and.. also mIRC trying to connect. Or maybe the internet hates me :( :-X

Let me know if you're having trouble reconnecting.

The Java chat applet is here: http://army.ca/php/chat.php

However it's not very good. If you have access to an IRC client such as mIRC or GAIM, I recommend using that instead. Instructions are linked above.

I'm on there now, it's TOTALLY dead...

I think that some form of realtime chat, being IRC or whatnot should be advertised a little more or something... prehaps like a PM sent to all users letting them know of the chat.

I've been on here since may and I knew nothing about it until a minute ago. I like the idea.

I'm the guy who's basically in charge of the chatroom, and I'll try to get it back up again in about a week or so. Been away for summer.

Is it complicated to set up a 'Chat' button on the main page of the site? Would it break down into different topics?

I think it is a great idea. I have been a user of this site for a while now and I didn't even know it existed!

A good location could be above the military quotes on the far right side of the start-up page, it's empty space. As a sidenote what happened to the wendsday discussions?

I think that nobody is using it because they aren't aware of it. I am sure it would get a lot of use if there was a link or button on the main page...

Hi,
tried to use the chat feature. I can see what other people are saying but I can't Type anything also I have no tool bar. Anyone else having problems?

The subscribers have been testing the chat room for about a week now and it works OK. What browser are you using? I'd try re-entering the room to see if the problem is still present.

Well I'm using IE 9. I tried to enter the chat room and still no tool bar. Still can't type a message.

I assume you mean IE 6? That should work fine. Do you have the option of trying it on another computer, or in another browser such as Firefox?

Mike, is there anyway to change nicks in the new chatroom?

Unfortunately the nicks are based on the forum usernames (not display names). I can change people's forum usernames, but it requires a password reset.

Perhaps if he scrolled down he would see the area where you type your message.

The chat does't work on my mac at the office. Works fine at home on the pc though. :D

go to the top, there is a drop down

pick the radio chatter

dileas

tess

and the rules are you have to agree with everything I say....

Back