• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Chat [merged]

Pikache

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Okay. New irc server has been setup.

How to join the IRC Army.ca Chatroom

[Instructions removed - we now have a local chat room]

Thanks for your work, this seems much easier than the pervious incarnation...

Well, for those of you who don‘t like IRC or just want a direct link to chatroom without the hassle, there is now a new chat applet that‘ll take you to the irc chatroom.

http://army.ca/php/chat.php

Just type in your username and click on connect and you should be there.

Hope to see more of you in the chatroom. :)

Yep.
/server irc.webchat.org
/join #cdnarmy

Check the other thread on this forum.

the place is kinda dead whenever i show up, hopefully this changes soon :D

*holds nose* i think the ton of after shave you use might have something to do with it there Sh0rtbUs oh and shiney sequin jump suits really don‘t help either...however i think the afro can stay *nods*

If you guys just come in and leave after seeing few guys there, how are people suppose to generate a discussion?

So, if you have time, stick around the chat. Perhaps more people will show up. :)

What about starting the chat room function again?

Might lead to some interesting debates. The user activity really seems to be up as of late.

I like that idea.

Hey Ghost..

I tried loading up the chat function in IE, and it didn‘t work... but I tried it with Firefox (Mozilla), and it loaded fine... no one there but me... but it seemed to be working, just not with Internet Explorer.

IE needs some sort of odd java client and I‘ve given up on trying to get it to load up on Explorer.

Use Netscape or some other browser to log on to the chat server using the java applet here.
http://army.ca/php/chat.php

Yeah mIRC is a good program but it takes time to learn. Mike, why did you make an IRC channel anyway I've been joined for an hour and the only other person in it is "EvilTree".

P.S. Make this a sticky!

Pte. Holloway

Was thinking that maybe a 'Chat Room' Button should be put somewhere more visable.
Perhaps next to the 'Profile' button etc?

Only way to get to chat room is to go through this thread, so if the button was put somewhere easy to get at, the chat room may see more activity.

Actually the Chat Room is also available under "Information" in the menus at the top of the page.

Cheers
Mike

Cool idea, chat room is usually dead when I go in there though as well.

Back