• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Chat [merged]

If you have your puter on all the time you can sit in there and at least you will see who comes to visit.  I think an Op should sit in there (not to mean they sit there and stare at their bloody computer all the time), but at least it shows newbies that there actually are people that go to the channel, even if they aren't talking :)

DME

Actually the Chat Room is also available under "Information" in the menus at the top of the page.

Never noticed that...but moving my mouse up to "Information" and then down to "Chatroom" just plain old smacks of effort. ;)

Honestly, I think that having a very visable button would increase activity...but don't know how much work it would entail to add a new button. Anyway, if it is not hard to do, consider giving it a try.

Yes the chat was a bit "dead" when I got there, but I will go back later and check it again.

Cheers!! :cdn:

The Army Guy

EvilTree is actually me. I may be around, but people usually just buggers off before I could respond. :)

Wow, i hadnt visited the channel for a while..seems pretty dead still.  :(

Im gonna stick around in it whenever i can, I suggest everyone else do the same. Maybe we can revive it...

C'mon in, we can talk about you're girlfriend  ;)

well right now theres myself and 2 others in the channel...

Just need a few more and things should pick up.

I tried to join the chat room, but it won't let me download the plug-in. I have firefox, so I just wanted to know if it was my computer acting up.

I believe you need to have the Java Runtime Environment installed to get it to work. You can download it here with a direct link to the download here.

Cheers
Mike

Well, we have a chatroom, but it doesn't get much of an use.

Perhaps if we start an official chat night, maybe it'll get some use, and as well hopefully some good discussions.

I'm thinking the chat night to be a weeknight, perhaps Wed at 2000EST.

I'd be willing to try, but have never really participated in one. Also, with my short attention span, I'd have to be constantly reminded about it :D

I would definitely give it a shot. Sounds like it could be interesting.

RHF,

Were you thinking of a more formal chat with particular topic(s) for that night or something more informal?

If it is the former, members could post their ideas for topics on a thread and one could be picked for each week. 

Thoughts?

I'm thinking informal for now. If there is a sufficient demand for a formal topic on a chat night, I'd be happy to implement the idea.

The java version of the chat applet http://army.ca/php/chat.php

We'd never find a night that's "good" for everyone, so RHF why don't you pick a date and we'll give it a shot.

Have a look at this post:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/28396.0.html

Well that worked pretty well. Just got to get the hang of the codes an' stuff. Just what I need. Another reason to spend MORE time here ::)

Back