• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What will happen with the CF?

What do you think the future holds for the CF, based on the election results?

• Renewed hope

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Some improvement

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Continued trend of decline

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • More rapid decline

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • The death knell

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Not sure - wait and see

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
I thought I should bump this thread back to the top, now that the Liberals are (supposedly) robbing the Air Force and Navy to form the "peacekeeping brigade"    :rage:

Whiskey asked a series of questions on the Air Force/Navy thread, basically asking what Now?

I feel that this may be a better forum to maybe partially answer his questions, but also to start up a new line of thought.

It seems to me that we now have positive proof of the way ahead for Canada.  We, as Canadians, will no longer rely on our own resources to do anything.  We are subjugating ourselves, as a nation, to the United Nations.  We will not intervene militarily anywhere, unless the UN asks us too.  We will become a nation governed by that most illustrious body, the UN.  Why, the UN can solve all of the world's problems, why is there a need for us to have an Armed Force?

The way of the future?  Our army will be modelled on what our government percieves as the needs of the United Nations.  We obviously do not need fighter aircraft and destroyers for peacekeeping.  Tanks?  M109's?  General Warfighting capabilities?  Objects of derision, to be done away with, relegated to the history books.

Instead, we will have a brigade, or maybe more than one, of cuddly, blue beret wearing "peace soldiers".  Imagine, for a moment, one of these "soldiers",  lovingly pictured in liberal propaganda books holding a starving child, with tears streaming down his/her (preferably her) cheeks, as she feeds the poor child some of her rations.  Oh, can you imagine?  Images such as this would be enough to give our peace loving politicians wet dreams. 

And what if our "peace soldiers" need some protection?  What if someone actually (gasp) tries to shoot one of our "soldiers"?  Well, then, obviously, with great reluctance, we may have to send a cadre of professional soldiers.  Maybe one of the three remaining platoons of Infantry soldiers. (for that is all that will remain)

Can't you just picture this?  Can't you see how this will place Martin firmly in the history books, as one of the worlds' great visionaries?

Oh, darn. 

I can't keep this up.

I feel ill.  Very, very ill..........

Hmm.   Lance, could it really get that bad?   I wonder what would happen if Canada swore off armed forces . . . .  

News Flash!   July 4, 2006, Dateline: Quantico Marine Base

President Bush, speaking to a zealous crowd of Marines recently returned from Iran, announced the creation of a new unit, the 16th Marine Regiment (Canadian).   The new regiment will be formed along the lines of the already existing US Army 91st Armored Cavalry Brigade (Canadian) and the US Air Force 410th Fighter Squadron, A-10 (Canadian).  

Each unit is only open to Canadian citizens and part of their enlistment contract states that, should their home country ever decide to have a military force again, they are free to elect to return home and take up duties in such forces.

"They just want to fight in the War on Terror, darn it!" said the President.  

Pentagon sources say that, since Canada already has peacekeepers in North Korea assisting in the humanitarian disaster there, the new regiment will likely join other Marines off the coast of Syria.

After the President' speech, US Marines gathered around to meet their northern neighbors.   They spent the afternoon drinking beer and practicing ending each sentence with 'eh?'.

"Yanks are all right," said one Canadian corporal, brandishing a Molson's beer bottle.   "But they'll be better once we've shown 'em how to fight, eh?"    

Every time I think of it, I feel nauseated.

But the addle-headed average Canadian will applaud the changes, I think.

Service by a Canadian in the US military is something I know nothing of. Is it even possible to serve in the US and keep your Canadian citizenship? I know there are restrictions on the US physically recruiting up here, and I would be surprised if an applicant with sole Canadian citizenship could get in and keep their Canadian citizenship, but I suppose someone out there would know the answer?   

The US has members serving in the military that aren't even American citizens yet.  I saw it on the news months ago with regards to the Iraq war.  One of the soliders that was killed wasn't a citizen of the US.  I could have heard it wrong but I'm pretty sure thats what happened.

You know what i think? When  the CF is deminished becuase it gets no funding, then Canada will be invaded...and as the enemy's troops poor into the PM's hiding place wherever it may be... he will wish that he had given more funding to the CF...Thats just what i think...but lets hope it doesn't get that far...

:cdn: For Canada  :cdn:

Thanks for the post, now can you leave your juvenile opinions at the door.   We are looking for input that contains thought and understanding, not something that just chews up bandwidth.

Back