• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Towards_the_gap said:
Tell you what booty...if you want to put an end to this, scan your discharge certificate/record of service, from both the RM and CF, and e-mail it to a Mod, who will then verify your service.

I'm sure the mods will protect your persec.

Otherwise, you will forever be known as a braggart, walt, wannabe, saddo, who cannot get his facts right.

I mean, at least try and answer my questions regarding P-Coy....I want to see what you think the answers are

LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

No booty, thank you! This has brightened my morning considerably. I may even scan and post my discharge cert on here just to call your bluff....I'll show you mine if you show me yours....

....and the trainasium and steeplechase? Have any answers for me? Or are you still frantically googling???

Booty said:
Ok, Royal Marines - 205*** Southsea. and (second join) 206***Eastney.  Canadian - B485*** Toronto.

Royal Marine Service Numbers
http://www.royalmarinesmuseum.co.uk/museumresearch/PDFs/Identifying%20RM%20Service%20Numbers.pdf

On 1 July 1955, all but one of these prefixes (“RMV”), were abolished,
and all Reservists, whether serving on or discharged before that date,
were allocated a new number with the “RMV” prefix. To prevent
duplication, this new series had six figures beginning at 200000.

So, a 200*** number does not indicate service as an officer, since  . . .

1973 saw the introduction of computerised service numbers for officers and
ratings; prior to this RN and RM officers did not have service numbers.

I think you are either confused, or just trying to BS your way through.

Booty said:
Jelous? LOL.

Nah, the Frontiestmen keep filling my inbox with their newsletters.  What did you think about the latest issue?

Let's get back to the service numbers. The B prefix without another letter - Z for officers, N for nursing sisters, T for reserve officers and S for regular soldiers - indicated the holder to be an NCM in the militia in a unit in Central Ontario. However service numbers were replaced by social insurance numbers in the mid-sixties, 1965 or 1966 if I recall correctly, although this could have taken some time to implement. However every one over a certain age was issued a SIN at that time, and I believe the forces adopted them at the same time.

Booty, could you go through the details about your B-prefix service number again? Thanks.

Towards_the_gap said:
No booty, thank you! This has brightened my morning considerably. I may even scan and post my discharge cert on here just to call your bluff....I'll show you mine if you show me yours....

....and the trainasium and steeplechase? Have any answers for me? Or are you still frantically googling???

I will photograph mine, scans can be altered.

I missed your post on the trainasium as I am being mob handled on this post. However, if you are talking about the final run before heading for Brize, the first thing we were told it takes balls to complete, the next was that one refusal meant RTU.

Yes, the trainasium being the aerial assault course. what is the very first obstacle, and one that a surprising amount of people freeze on?

And what is the final obstacle on the steeplechase, the 3 mile sprinting assault course

Old Sweat said:
Let's get back to the service numbers. The B prefix without another letter - Z for officers, N for nursing sisters, T for reserve officers and S for regular soldiers - indicated the holder to be an NCM in the militia in a unit in Central Ontario. However service numbers were replaced by social insurance numbers in the mid-sixties, 1965 or 1966 if I recall correctly, although this could have taken some time to implement. However every one over a certain age was issued a SIN at that time, and I believe the forces adopted them at the same time.

Booty, could you go through the details about your B-prefix service number again? Thanks.

SIN numbers took a time to implement and they were NOT implemented in the mid to late sixties but more like the early mid seventies. As for my service number, Battalion has it ,the Association has it, Veterans Affairs have it and I have it. That is sufficient.

I have given you the correct didgits.

Interestingly,not one of you have told of any personal fighting experience to date.

Booty said:
Interestingly,not one of you have told of any personal fighting experience to date.

War stories as credentials, nice deflection Batman.

booty how does it feel to have ZERO crediability...even if you are telling the truth no one here believes you. I have no doubt you have been here before under another alias.

Towards_the_gap said:
Yes, the trainasium being the aerial assault course. what is the very first obstacle, and one that a surprising amount of people freeze on?

And what is the final obstacle on the steeplechase, the 3 mile sprinting assault course

Which year? It has been modified about eight times due to health and safety. If you are talking my year then the first obstacle was the wall, the last was the stretcher with a fat bastard corporal lying on it. As an added pisser they gave us the four man (brick) log run as a prover. Oh yeah, and we still used the balloon at Brize so you can figure out the year for yourself.

Booty said:
SIN numbers took a time to implement and they were NOT implemented in the mid to late sixties but more like the early mid seventies. As for my service number, Battalion has it ,the Association has it, Veterans Affairs have it and I have it. That is sufficient.

I have given you the correct didgits.

You are right. NO ONE has shared as personal fighting story in this thread. Let me break that up.

There I was, a dark and stormy night. Surrounded on all sides by stags.

The first shove, and it's on!

Out numbered, I start an Aussie peel back for the door, throwing beer bottles as I go. It's a damned dirty mess.

Back to back in the street, taking all comers. Tire irons start to come out, just as the scream of a siren rounds the corner... "Next time...".

Drinking ain't for everyone I tells ya... Sometimes it gets messy, and blood is spilt.

fromtheinternet.jpg

Teeps74 said:
You are right. NO ONE has shared as personal fighting story in this thread. Let me break that up.

Out numbered, I start an Aussie peel back for the door, throwing beer bottles as I go. It's a damned dirty mess.

Back to back in the street, taking all comers. Tire irons start to come out, just as the scream of a siren rounds the corner... "Next time...".

Drinking ain't for everyone I tells ya... Sometimes it gets messy, and blood is spilt.

fromtheinternet.jpg

Nice pic of you,but you wanna lose some weight.LOL.

Teeps74 said:

fromtheinternet.jpg

You forgot your battle cry.

Back