• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

With Biden out maybe Trump will step aside and let Vance take the lead? We need some youth across both parties.
If he steps aside, he’s hoping that Vance wins and pardons him.

This is a guy that until 2022, was anti-Trump. He has since kissed the ring, but if I were Trump, I wouldn’t trust him to pardon me.

But it would be hilarious to see play out.

Just for interest sake, this is a link to the Republican Project 2025 chapter on Defence:

🍻
Nice to see some coherent reading. Only gone through part of it. But sure is a nice change from reading Canadian political party policy papers on defense.

Nice to see some coherent reading. Only gone through part of it. But sure is a nice change from reading Canadian political party policy papers on defense.
I read through it all and about 90% is common sense stuff (albeit you have to accept some allegations as proven and not just strawmen) another 9% is debateable but debateable on the basis of legitimate differences of opinion while about 1% or so is just folks letting someone throw in their own prejudices and hobby horses which are just bullshit and have nothing to do with security.

Amongst the 9% is their pivot to Asian security issues at the expense of European ones (in particular the lack of talk about Ukraine and Russian aggression)

As to the 1%, in any committee effort like this, you always have that one guy where the group basically says "Okay Joe, we'll put that in if you'll shut up now." They are scattered around the paper. Those are the issues that the press always picks up on.

🍻

I'm not sold that they're going to let Harris have the job.

Four of the top democrats, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer and Jeffries haven't endorsed her. All four are calling for an open primary.

I still think Michelle Obama is a threat. I won't be surprised if she announces either at, or shortly before, the primary. She hasn't been very visible for the last six months, so no recent sound bites to use against her. They don't have time to sell a new candidate. They need someone with immediate recognition. Someone that can articulate the vision of the Obama regime. Someone to move away from the far left, radical squad. In otherwords, someone with immediate curb appeal.

Four of the top democrats, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer and Jeffries haven't endorsed her. All four are calling for an open primary.

I still think Michelle Obama is a threat. I won't be surprised if she announces either at, or shortly before, the primary. She hasn't been very visible for the last six months, so no recent sound bites to use against her. They don't have time to sell a new candidate. They need someone with immediate recognition. Someone that can articulate the vision of the Obama regime. Someone to move away from the far left, radical squad. In otherwords, someone with immediate curb appeal.
She would appeal to a large swath of the Dem party and to some of the uncommitted voters. I also see that Trumps attacks on her would likley help her more than hurt her. If he stuck to attacking her husband's record and insinuating that she will just do the same mistakes as he did and is to weak for the current geopolitical situation, then he can claw voters from her. But I don't think he can be that tactical.

She would appeal to a large swath of the Dem party and to some of the uncommitted voters. I also see that Trumps attacks on her would likley help her more than hurt her. If he stuck to attacking her husband's record and insinuating that she will just do the same mistakes as he did and is to weak for the current geopolitical situation, then he can claw voters from her. But I don't think he can be that tactical.
I would hope that most would see this for what it is. A fourth Obama term. He ran Biden, I'm not naive enough to think he wouldn't be choreographing her every move inside the WH. All the major damage, open borders, homelessness, economy, fossil fuels, etc has taken place already under Biden. She won't have to wear all of that like Harris will.

Ironically, the candidate stepping down is the one with the temperament, humility, and the simple ability to put the good of the country before himself.

This is comedy gold :ROFLMAO:

Being forced out is not exactly "putting country before self". What ever happened to the smart as a whip candidate who won the last debate which the media has been telling us all along his of sound mind?

Hadn't seen Jeffries say it, but yeah, the first three alone are a big political counterweight -- THAT would be messy, especially this close to an election.
I still think Michelle Obama is a threat. I won't be surprised if she announces either at, or shortly before, the primary. She hasn't been very visible for the last six months, so no recent sound bites to use against her. They don't have time to sell a new candidate.
Never say never, but it still feels like she's not going in. Then again, her hubby not endorsing KH could lead folks to see it your way, too .... Think MO'd take the Veep running mate position?
They need someone with immediate recognition. Someone that can articulate the vision of the Obama regime. Someone to move away from the far left, radical squad. In otherwords, someone with immediate curb appeal.
Assuming that's what "they" really want, right? That worked in the Hillary vs. Bernie race, but I think this is a different Team Democrats this time.

Assuming that's what "they" really want, right? That worked in the Hillary vs. Bernie race, but I think this is a different Team Democrats this time.
Is it though? Obama, Pelosi and Schumer were the powerbrokers then, and they still are today.

The Clintons are hedging their bets. They endorsed Harris. If she manages to hold on, I expect Hillary will call in markers. If Harris collapses, they can throw their weight behind whoever Harris concedes to and backs.

Back