• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

You are being generous about how well Twitter is working.

Maybe he has a grand plan.

Him backing down with the dust up with Brasil is also a good indicator…
Any news about how 'well' or 'not well' X is supposedly doing should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's a Private Company and anything related to its finances is pure speculation. Musk taking the Company private was his biggest masterstroke and as a result of this move, it is no longer held at gunpoint by the quarterly report.

I think this article sums it up best:

X is the only place where you can get real-time information, unfiltered and unpoliced. It's a gold mine in that respect and even though we hate it, we will keep coming back for more.

Any news about how 'well' or 'not well' X is supposedly doing should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's a Private Company and anything related to its finances is pure speculation. Musk taking the Company private was his biggest masterstroke and as a result of this move, it is no longer held at gunpoint by the quarterly report.

I think this article sums it up best:

X is the only place where you can get real-time information, unfiltered and unpoliced. It's a gold mine in that respect and even though we hate it, we will keep coming back for more.
At a certain point, yet more wealth becomes meaningless.

If Musk bought Twitter as a financial investment, it was likely a pretty terrible one based on what he’s done to the place. But I don’t think he did.

Wealth begets power, in various ways. He essentially conquered one of the most preeminent platforms for discourse and influence, and the dissemination of narratives, and we see that that means. With significant influence over these things he can achieve things that can never be bought outright.

So far it’s a pretty good debate between the veepee cohorts!!

Didn't catch it, but this quote caught my eye, this morning,

Tim: "Did Trump lose the 2020 election?"

JD: "I'm focused on the future."

Tim: "That's why Mike Pence isn't on this stage."

I gather it was a civil debate, if not quite a gentlemen's debate. Next up, people looking for a way to swap the P and VP candidate slots on both tickets.
There were points when they agreed with each other and said so, so yeah.

At a certain point, yet more wealth becomes meaningless.

If Musk bought Twitter as a financial investment, it was likely a pretty terrible one based on what he’s done to the place. But I don’t think he did.

Wealth begets power, in various ways. He essentially conquered one of the most preeminent platforms for discourse and influence, and the dissemination of narratives, and we see that that means. With significant influence over these things he can achieve things that can never be bought outright.
Bingo....

I see X as Musk's marketing appendage of all his other assets.

In other words, any costs associated with it are probably considered by him to be an "operating expense" and not an investment.

Back