• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remius said:
Actually the official line from officials is that any gathering is discouraged.  Including the peaceful protests.

I actually think they are both super spreader events.  Because I don’t distrust the science behind it. 

The difference is that one was caused by the organisation that is supposed to be fighting this.  Antifa are essentially thugs.  So apples and oranges. 

How many people actually got sick, oh and including the POTUS?  You said he defers to his health experts.  He didn’t.  That s the point.  Your what aboutism has nothing to do with the statement you made.  If he had deferred to them masks and social distancing would have been enforced.  But notice what the SCOTUS swearing in event looked like?  It took them to get burned to figure it out.

I'm not sure you're read in on the inner circle briefings POTUS gets from his medical advisors or the what was recommended and what was deemed an acceptable risk.  You don't know half of what you base your opinion on.           

Trump is running their country and campaigning like a savage, not hiding in a basement. He was a higher risk patient due to his advanced age, BMI, and eating habits slamming back McDonalds no doubt, but he bounced back in record time.  I think that made a lot of people feel good.  He made them feel like maybe, lockdowns aren't necessary, that they will all get through this not by hiding in the basement, but by getting back to work and getting their country back running, while taking some precautions to protect at risk people.   

QV said:
Trump is running their country and campaigning like a savage, not hiding in a basement.

He has a bunker.  :)
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk00oJERiL3fayaU_AlHwnk-sdBs1Lw%3A1603925070881&ei=TvSZX-SUNdWFtQaM1aKwBw&q=trump+bunker&oq=trump+bunker&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoECAAQRzoHCC4QJxCTAjoECCMQJzoLCC4QxwEQrwEQkQI6BQgAEJECOgoILhDHARCjAhBDOggIABCxAxCDAToLCC4QsQMQxwEQowI6BAguEEM6CggAELEDEIMBEEM6BAgAEEM6DQgAELEDEIMBEBQQhwI6DgguEMcBEK8BEMkDEJECOgoILhDHARCvARBDOgoILhDJAxAnEJMCOg0IABCxAxCDARDJAxBDOgsIABCxAxCDARDJAzoFCAAQsQM6AggAOgcIIxCxAhAnOg0IABCxAxCDARDJAxAKOgcIABAUEIcCOgcIABCxAxAKOggILhDHARCvAToECAAQClDH2QpYl4ELYPOCC2gAcAJ4AIABnAGIAZcLkgEDMy45mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBBMABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjk8-HArtjsAhXVQs0KHYyqCHYQ4dUDCAw&uact=5#spf=1603925252578

No, it’s based on what public health officials are stating to the public.  In a very public way.  You seem to have that inside knowledge so I assume you are working there?

Which advisors?  Scott Atlas or Tony Fauci?  Atlas is a radiologist.  Fauci is an epidemiologist. Who has the right of it? Atlas? Come on.

Trump also received the kind of medical care no one else would or will receive when they get hit by the virus.  You know that.  People are still dying of this thing.

I’m not sure what you are rebutting here though as the point was about following actual expert advice.  He caught it and enabled the spread because he ignored the actual experts and followed his own inner circle of advisors who told him what he wanted to hear.  The fact is that it spread to several people at that event.  Recovery or not.  He took no precautions because he thought that testing alone was good enough despite what real experts were saying.

I respect your right and your opinion but you are using the same talking points the White House uses.  Almost word for word. 

QV said:
I'm not sure you're read in on the inner circle briefings POTUS gets from his medical advisors or the what was recommended and what was deemed an acceptable risk.  You don't know half of what you base your opinion on.           

Trump is running their country and campaigning like a savage, not hiding in a basement. He was a higher risk patient due to his advanced age, BMI, and eating habits slamming back McDonalds no doubt, but he bounced back in record time.  I think that made a lot of people feel good.  He made them feel like maybe, lockdowns aren't necessary, that they will all get through this not by hiding in the basement, but by getting back to work and getting their country back running, while taking some precautions to protect at risk people. 

Oh stop. Fauci has made his share of mistakes like lots of other experts. In the beginning, no one knew what this virus was all about, the WHO perpetuated China’s fabrications, and tons of people mocked Trump for wanting to isolate the hot spots by closing borders. Now everyone that matters has learned a lot and as it turns out it’s not very lethal at all.  Trump has enabled the response, the major failures reside with governors like Cuomo. This will be dragged on until it’s not politically useful anymore.

QV said:
Oh stop. Fauci has made his share of mistakes like lots of other experts. In the beginning, no one knew what this virus was all about, the WHO perpetuated China’s fabrications, and tons of people mocked Trump for wanting to isolate the hot spots by closing borders. Now everyone that matters has learned a lot and as it turns out it’s not very lethal at all.  Trump has enabled the response, the major failures reside with governors like Cuomo. This will be dragged on until it’s not politically useful anymore.

At last count he has ‘enabled’ about 233,000 Americans to not be ‘politically useful anymore’.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
No he didn't.....a virus did.  FFS..

You don’t get to claim successes (real or fictitious, earned or unearned) and disavow failures. He has made it bloody clear that *he* is in charge of America, therefore he wears the myriad failures in that country’s federal response to a public health crisis. His job, if nothing else, is to show leadership and model the necessary and desired behaviour. Instead he orchestrated superspreader events to stroke his own ego.

He did not kill those people, the virus did. He just made it a lot easier for it to spread and has resisted, over and over, the advice of epidemiologists and public experts. He is America’s chief executive, so he has ownership of the results of public policy.

Brihard said:
Instead he orchestrated superspreader events to stroke his own ego.

Trump the superspreader! :rofl:  That’s not quite as ignorant as; nazi, racist, misogynist. But it’s up there.

“Super spreader”, sounds a little like “super predator“... Probably came from the same bunch.

QV said:
Trump the superspreader! :rofl:  That’s not quite as ignorant as; nazi, racist, misogynist. But it’s up there.

“Super spreader”, sounds a little like “super predator“... Probably came from the same bunch.

It’s actually a scientific term.  But hey, science isn’t exactly Team Trump’s thing. 

Remius said:
It’s actually a scientific term.  But hey, science isn’t exactly Team Trump’s thing.

Science and politics don't really mix. Between the anti-maskers on the right, and the green energy hopes & prayers of the left, it has shown me that neither side cares much about science when it gets in the way of their narrative.

QV said:

Note that I did not call him the ‘superspreader’. I don’t know who showed up at the Rose Garden event with COVID, I just know that he’s responsible for everyone coming together largely maskless in the middle of a pandemic, and that after the event dozens went home with it, including some of those in the highest reaches of government. Similarly, outbreaks have been noted in the wake of several of his rallies. Not liking it doesn’t make it true. He has failed the most fundamental test of leadership- setting the example, and exemplifying the benhaviour needed to achieve the mission. Instead he continues to wave his hands and claim America is ‘tuning the corner’ on a virus that has hit record case numbers in America twice in the past week, including yesterday.

Science doesn’t care about your partisan politics.

I find it interesting the complete silence of Biden’s newest alleged corruption through his son as the intermediary.  All pretty shocking stuff. He is turning out to be one hell of a national security threat. On the weakest fabricated premise some of you jumped to crucify Trump or Flynn, but now remain completely silent with the Biden situation. Substitute Donald Jr for Hunter in this and we’d be halfway through impeachment and Mueller 2.0 by now. That contrast is obvious.

Brihard said:
Science doesn’t care about your partisan politics.

I wonder if there are m/any non-partisan voters left in America at this stage?

Assuming there still are, if they have to stand in line, socially distanced and wearing a mask, I think their health would be very much in mind. In spite of others trying to "change the channel".

During an increasingly worsening pandemic, I wonder which candidate the so-called "undecided" standing in that line would be inclined to vote for? 

mariomike said:
I wonder if there are m/any non-partisan voters left in America at this stage?

Assuming there still are, if they have to stand in line, socially distanced and wearing a mask, I think their health would be very much in mind. In spite of others trying to "change the channel".

During an increasingly worsening pandemic, I wonder which candidate the so-called "undecided" standing in that line would be inclined to vote for?

Indeed. You see him complaining the other day that news coverage of COVID (again hitting record case numbers for those watching at home) “should be an election law violation”? I can understand him wanting to change he the channel’ on the pandemic, but that ship sailed long ago, largely as a result of decisions he made.

QV said:
I find it interesting the complete silence of Biden’s newest alleged corruption through his son as the intermediary.  All pretty shocking stuff. He is turning out to be one hell of a national security threat. On the weakest fabricated premise some of you jumped to crucify Trump or Flynn, but now remain completely silent with the Biden situation. Substitute Donald Jr for Hunter in this and we’d be halfway through impeachment and Mueller 2.0 by now. That contrast is obvious.

I can give you a very good reason why Biden is being silent.  They pulled this on Clinton.  She responded, it gave that story oxygen. 

Given the pathological lying this administration has done,very few people are giving this credence.  Including Fox News and the Wall Street  journal that both concluded this story (both conservative and not anti trump) and how it came to be was absolutely flimsy.  Seriously, look at Rudy Giuliani and how he's trying to sell this story lol.

Just like the unmasking, the upcoming Durham Report and the Clinton Email thing, all will lead nowhere.  And this is with Barr as AG.  Not some Obama holdover. 

This article highlights exactly what you've done in this thread. You highlight the media silence behind it all (and there is a good reason why, see below) and not the actual facts.

Politico sums it up.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/28/trump-conspiracy-theoryhunter-biden-433131

This quote in particular.

“They have this diary, but it doesn't actually say anything. They have these videos, but they don't really demonstrate anything about Joe Biden, so most mainstream outlets aren't going to pick it up,” Carusone said. “But in order to scandalize it, you would need Fox News and the rest of the right-wing echo chamber to sing from that page, and they're not.”

So yeah, no one is covering that because it's a joke and a poor attempt to find anything in the last moments of a an election campaign.

QV said:

Are we still talking about the laptop?  Is it not weird that Giuliani (and the FBI) had it since Dec and not done *anything* with it?  It would have done a lot more damage back in Dec or Jan than 2 weeks prior to the election, when people have already made up their minds.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/10/15/hunter-biden-laptop-giuliani/

All of your answers show just how powerful the media is especially when they coordinate.  Some time ago Biden himself was on video bragging about withholding a billion dollars until a Ukraine prosecutor was fired, his son directly connected to the company under investigation.  Nothing to see there.  Hunter's connections to Chinese businesses and the communications he had with them regarding setting up meetings with his father are unexplainable.  Nothing to see, not even a question? 

If I were to assess Guiliani's credibility, some things I'd consider are his record as mayor of NY city with crime, his fight for gay rights in that city, his handling of the 9-11 terrorist attack.  All in about 5 years.  And I'd compare that against Biden's 47 years where I don't know off the top of my head any actual successes, but I do know he was connected to Robert Byrd of the KKK, and that he is on video basically stating he is "for sale".  Just a few things off the top of my head I'd consider.         

QV said:
If I were to assess Guiliani's credibility, some things I'd consider are his record as mayor of NY city with crime, his fight for gay rights in that city, his handling of the 9-11 terrorist attack.         

As Commander-in-Chief he failed to provide FDNY firefighters and paramedics with radios that worked. Members sent into the North Tower were unable to hear the order to evacuate.

Mayor Giuliani decision to place his emergency command centre at 7 World Trade Centre - which collapsed on 9/11 - showed poor judgement, as it was already a known terrorist target after the 1993 bombing.

He showed a lack of respect for the fallen when he called off the recovery effort at Ground Zero on 1 Nov., 2001 - after $200 million in gold bullion was recovered.

Possibly one of the reasons the International Association of Firefighters and Paramedics endorsed Joe Biden for President of the United States.

mariomike said:
As Commander-in-Chief he failed to provide FDNY firefighters and paramedics with radios that worked. Members sent into the North Tower were unable to hear the order to evacuate.

Mayor Giuliani decision to place his emergency command centre at 7 World Trade Centre - which collapsed on 9/11 - showed poor judgement, as it was already a known terrorist target after the 1993 bombing.

He showed a lack of respect for the fallen when he called off the recovery effort at Ground Zero on 1 Nov., 2001 - after $200 million in gold bullion was recovered.

Possibly one of the reasons the International Association of Firefighters and Paramedics endorsed Joe Biden for President of the United States.

A short analogy: I hardly blame the current CDS because the CAF is seemingly unable to find a suitable replacement for the Browning pistol. That seems like a very easy thing to do, doesn't it? You could literally take the top 3 common options, do a blindfolded draw from a hat, and the result would be 1000% better and serve the CAF for decades to come.  But a lot of middle people have made this seemingly simple requirement almost impossible to achieve.       

The information on the laptop might be bullsh!t, just as the Steele dossier was bullsh!t.  The contrast lies in the amount of media exposure given each, and the amount of investigative effort undertaken on behalf of each.  Different standards for covering these things have been laid bare, and the revelation cannot be undone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back