• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

About two weeks before the Trudeau’s announced their separation, my wife and I were in Montreal for several days. Seated next to us at a restaurant table were two men who I would guess to have been roughly Trudeau’s age. I happened to overhear one of them saying to the other that he knew some of Justin’s coterie of friends, and that he has a reputation for either having or trying to have affairs with women. It may be third (or fourth) hand speculation but it was interesting that it happened shortly before they separated.

Quite the obsession with Trudeau and his wife in this thread.
Considering the thread is about him and the separation is topical, what did you expect? Public figures cannot expect any consideration when asking for privacy, especially when it comes to the abject failure of Canada's Little Camelot.

I couldn’t care less about his actual personal life, per se. There have been enough past portents of what was to come that I can’t imagine how anyone could at all be surprised with the ongoing saga of Fils Trudeau. However, I do care about how his particular brand of ‘saying one thing and doing another’ bleeds directly into my and other Canadians’ lives. He is factually dishonest and unethical enough, and we’re talking substantive validation of such misconduct, that his actions…all of them, bear a critical eye.

Touques and gloves?
Damn. You beat me to touques and gloves.

Army organization?

My concern is that he professes to be one thing, and is demonstrably another. If he weren’t the elected leader of our country I wouldn’t give him the time of day. I don’t follow influencers like the Kardashians or their type, where substance falls far behind image, and that this is a substantive part of JT’s modus operandi, but I do feel that makes him subject to critical consideration by us of his actions…all his actions.
Mind you, politicians of all political stripes are often seduced by the influence of power and engage in various dalliances. This goes back to the 1970s but I remember a Globe and Mail reporter telling me that the journalist community covering Parliament Hill were quite aware that many of Pierre Trudeau’s cabinet members were having extramarital affairs with their female staff.

Hell, on the Conservative side even John Diefenbaker fostered a love child. Who would have thought! Yes, power does tend to corrupt.

I guess the big question is this…if a politician is screwing someone outside of marriage is he or she also screwing the whole country?

Considering the thread is about him and the separation is topical, what did you expect? Public figures cannot expect any consideration when asking for privacy, especially when it comes to the abject failure of Canada's Little Camelot.
Sure. Like I said, I don’t care much for page six stuff.

My observation is only that some in this thread are seemingly obsessed with their personal lives. I get it though. People live in a celebrity obsessed culture.

I think that his separation may play into his popularity or not. Speculating on how it affects his political fortunes is interesting.

Rumour mongering is less so to me and is not new though.

Just a note, no one has said to stop whatever speculation or rumour spreading. Fill your boots on that account. Doesn’t change my observation though.

I guess the big question is this…if a politician is screwing someone outside of marriage is he or she also screwing the whole country?

How one Louisiana politician put it.

Mind you, politicians of all political stripes are often seduced by the influence of power and engage in various dalliances. This goes back to the 1970s but I remember a Globe and Mail reporter telling me that the journalist community covering Parliament Hill were quite aware that many of Pierre Trudeau’s cabinet members were having extramarital affairs with their female staff.

Hell, on the Conservative side even John Diefenbaker fostered a love child. Who would have thought! Yes, power does tend to corrupt.

It certainly speaks to their integrity.

What's to rethink? I'm not saying I believe it, nor am I pushing the narrative. I'm simply posting an article about what some people think may be going on. As I said, he's a hypocrite and can't be taken at face value. I can't be responsible for what other Canadians think. Why can't we put him under a 360 degree lens?

The guy is a verifiable liar. Why can't people speculate on his motives? Especially when that speculation is a result of the jaded attitude of most Canadians based on his lack of honesty and his two faced approach to most things. Not to mention all the ethics violations he and his government have been caught in.

Fair enough.

Difference of opinion. And that's good.

About two weeks before the Trudeau’s announced their separation, my wife and I were in Montreal for several days. Seated next to us at a restaurant table were two men who I would guess to have been roughly Trudeau’s age. I happened to overhear one of them saying to the other that he knew some of Justin’s coterie of friends, and that he has a reputation for either having or trying to have affairs with women. It may be third (or fourth) hand speculation but it was interesting that it happened shortly before they separated.

Better get that one fact checked ;)

Plus all the people walking around with flags about how they want to fuck him. They have a shot now!
just commenting: anyone who wears a pink teashirt to the Barbie movie is trolling to be noticed. So he has achieved what he set out to do

just commenting: anyone who wears a pink teashirt to the Barbie movie is trolling to be noticed. So he has achieved what he set out to do
Wearing pink to see Barbie was a fad across the western world. The day it came out it was all over the place. I think it was more a case of the thing to do at the time.

Famous people doing it are indeed trying to show they are with current trends.

Wearing pink to see Barbie was a fad across the western world. The day it came out it was all over the place. I think it was more a case of the thing to do at the time.

Famous people doing it are indeed trying to show they are with current trends.

Silly and harmless fun. I did it cause my wife asked me to and it was an easy way to make her smile on a date while she’s going through a lot. Quite a few other dudes at the theatre appeared to be doing the same with their respective other halves. Anyway, I still went home with my wife and didn’t have to fend off too much dick on the way to the car, so success I guess?

Anyway, I still went home with my wife and didn’t have to fend off too much dick on the way to the car, so success I guess?
brihard wins the regional portion of the Internet fo r the day…

Watched "Darkest Hour" again. Did VIP politicians really once conduct themselves (mostly) that way (for the most part concealing their human weaknesses, or at least not openly parading them), and if there has been a deterioration of seriousness, what are the implications?

Flippant and common would be more acceptable if they were buttressed by competent and ethical.

Back