• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Surprise is still important.
Ukrainians have achieved surprise - major 2 min Bde incursion with AD assets and more.
- No consensus as to the goal at this point
-- is it to seize land, is it to seize the NPP (now less than 20km from UKR lines), is it a major morale booster, is it also to force Russia to shift forces out of the Donbas.

But it is deeper and bigger than anyone outside of the Ukraine expected.

He was cautious - as was Andrew on the map above not to join some on Social Media who are calling it a Corps sized invasion.
I think it is now safe to say it is not a raid but a full on combined arms breech. The objective (s) of which remain unknown to OSInt.

Amazing what having all the elements and kit needed to implement a (mostly NATO doctrine) attack and the training (and prior combat experience) does to progress.

Coincidental that it kicked off shortly after F16's and AD arrived? Probably not. Planning and stealthy troop movements prior to zero hour would have taken a lot of time, drone ISR and SF recce. And it is a nice slap in NATO's face saying essentially "if we have what we need (and your doctrine requires) look what we can do. Now stop delaying and actually deliver as pledged"

"Ukraine’s key allies seemed surprised by the offensive - with White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre saying the US was reaching out to Ukraine to better understand what it hoped to achieve."

Because the first rule of fight club is.... And they have reason not to trust NATO to not leak like the penetrated sieve that Russia has made it.

"UK SOF" threw me for a minute thinking UK=Brits, then I realized UK=Ukrainian.
Hah, me too.
Yup. If we are abbreviating Ukraine it’s either UA or UKR depending on if we are going two or three letters ISO standards.

UK is the United Kingdom.
I usually use "Uk" because I can see the accidental assocaition with UK. Not sure why I forgot to do that this time.

From now on I'll use ZSU (Zborini syly Ukrainy).

Back