• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Why fortify if this is a raid? I wonder if they're trying to suck in Russian reserves for a border incursion elsewhere? I've seen some milbloggers talking about troop build ups near Chernihiv and near Kharkiv. Both border major supply hubs; Gomel, Belarus and Belgorod respectively. Makes one wonder.

Advance to the River or other defensible terrain using heavy forces. Dig in and hold with lighter forces allowing the (now more experienced) heavier forces to be sent elsewhere. RUS responds to the incursion and hits the dug-in troops in defensible terrain who hold the line as best they can, while UKR diverts the heavier forces to another site where they wash/rinse/repeat. Taking the initiative, putting RUS in the place of being forced to attack in a place of UKR's choosing.

Then when UKR determines where RUS has pulled troops from to do the above attack, they send those heavy/mobile forces into an attack in that area and do another advance.

Seems like this might be the end of the Russian summer offensive, and we have a fall Ukrainian offensive happening.

Is there actually a Russian MDL anywhere other than in Ukraine? Did the Russians get so over confident that they forgot that border incursions can be a two way street? Serious question.
There was but the Ukrainians had never attacked with a Force larger than a Battalion so the size of the Force defending the area wasn't sufficient. The number of Ukrainian Brigades involved appears to be at least six.

This just shows how large the actual front is and that you can't be everywhere at once. These also appear to be the elite of the Ukrainian Army.

Why fortify if this is a raid? I wonder if they're trying to suck in Russian reserves for a border incursion elsewhere? I've seen some milbloggers talking about troop build ups near Chernihiv and near Kharkiv. Both border major supply hubs; Gomel, Belarus and Belgorod respectively. Makes one wonder.

Some interesting tidbits. Sudznha just happens to be home to a gas distribution site that supplies all of Europe with Russian gas. So perhaps this is the objective? Hold it and then use it as leverage in the inevitable negotiation. Maybe also grab Kursk NPP and do a trade for Enerhodar?

Cavalry works! Now if only we had the kit to do the tactics properly lol
As God intended. Cavalryman are far too posh to use a bayonet, it's gets too close to the unclean enemy crunchy. Swords or lances are preferred.

Lord Cardigan agrees! 👍🏼

Some interesting tidbits. Sudznha just happens to be home to a gas distribution site that supplies all of Europe with Russian gas. So perhaps this is the objective? Hold it and then use it as leverage in the inevitable negotiation. Maybe also grab Kursk NPP and do a trade for Enerhodar?

My gut tells me they’ll BIP the gas distribution system, since apparently they legally (Intl Law) cannot destroy the gas pipeline within Ukranian territory. KNPP for ZNPP horse trade also not out of the question.

Back