• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Alot depends on if the Ukkies have marked troops as follow on troops or have the ability, resources, to move quickly another 1-3 Mech or non-Mech brigades to continue to push forward and solidify their gains.
If they only have their initially committed troops, then 1-1.3k troops can only do so much. After 72-96hrs exhaustion/fatigue will set in and the momentum will peter out. They are 48+hrs into this this, those initial troops probably have less then 48hrs to continued drive left in them.
Maybe a little panzerschokolade can take the edge off? 😂

Claims 20k-30k, has close links to Ukrainian National Guard (former Captain)

I can't see any world that's possible. How do you mass 20k troops for an assault on the border if both Ukraine and Russia can't even mass a battalion without drones picking them up and having a grid square deleted?

I'm wondering if this might be an example of the English tactic from the Hundred Years War: a Chevauchee? A raid into enemy territory, cause as much damage as you and pull back.

Hussar tactics, raiding cavalry definitely had a place.
Lol, maybe someone found an old cache of Pervitin.....aka panzerschokolade!
:p
And thats how you keep advancing without regards to such issues as needing to sleep.

It is interesting the scale of this attack and how it is both large and small. 2 brigades if I am correct is about 10k soldiers. If that is considered small, the CAF really needs to rethink what we have going on.

And thats how you keep advancing without regards to such issues as needing to sleep.

It is interesting the scale of this attack and how it is both large and small. 2 brigades if I am correct is about 10k soldiers. If that is considered small, the CAF really needs to rethink what we have going on.
The number of 10k for brigades applies for Western armies. I believe that for Russia/Ukraine, the number is much, much smaller.

This chap is, perhaps, a bit over-enthusiastic but if his sources are to be believed the Ukrainians have broken through two defensive lines - one lightly held by Khadyrov's Akhmat and the other, depth, line held by conscripts. Apparently neither are showing much inclination to fight.

Definitely talking a bit out of his ass. He claims that Ukrainian forces have a cyber team that is scouring the internet and removing any information that could help the Russians. The problem is, cyber teams, even the good ones, don't have the tools to penetrate social media and remove posts.

Reverting to the earlier post - a bit earlier in the commentary.

Apparently the commentator has been receiving information on large scale Ukrainian troop movements in the Sumy region. The legitimate question is how did the Ukrainians achieve the build up on the "transparent battlefield"

Two suggestions -

1 The Russians saw what they expected to see -

There were reports of the Russians moving troops into the regions adjacent to Sumy to launch their own offensive. If so then the Ukrainians could be expected to deploy their own counter. But rather than deploy for defence in Ukraine they deployed for "forward defence" in Russia.

2. There are forests in the Sumy region

There are significant forests in the Sumy area providing covered marshalling areas for large forces. Perhaps the Ukrainians fed in their troops and vehicles in small numbers over a long period.

Sumy.jpg

Cavalry works! Now if only we had the kit to do the tactics properly lol

Contemporary report from the adjacent Kharkiv battlefield.

New drone tactics from Madyar's Birds (note that this unit has been reassigned from Budanov's secret squirrels to the Ukrainian Marines)

Drones now used in swarms and chasing helicopters as well as pursuing troops through drainpipes and underground structures. Apparently Russian jamming is less effective. Drones may be using onboard repeaters.

Drone swarms operated over a 20 km radius.

Russians reverting to smaller units and relying more on motorcycles.

Russian Mi-28 apparently taken out by a Ukrainian FPV drone.

Back