• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The "G Wagon" (Iltis replacment for Recce & the Reg Force)

Does anyone know what this new G-wagon, thats replacing the Iltis looks like
can someone post a picture an maybe some specs.

- Shawn

I Think G-wagon & the Iltis are both ugly, but at least the iltis sort of looked cool, and will the new wagon, when filiped over, be able to be push back over with 2 or 3 people

-Shawn

Quote from Zoomie:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Theoretically you could ford the vehicle as deep as the snorkel height."
_____________________________________________________________________________________
The Canadian version can only ford up to the bottom of the running boards. The drainage is not sufficient and the internal electronics are not sealed.

recceguy said:
Quote from Zoomie:
"Theoretically you could ford the vehicle as deep as the snorkel height."
The Canadian version can only ford up to the bottom of the running boards. The drainage is not sufficient and the internal electronics are not sealed.

Too true.
I did my Gwagon conversion course here and learned that the snorkle was in fact just a bling bling accessory that eally does F*%K all

I had the rep from Magna Steyr, in Austria, as my instructor.

Me - " So we can ford this thing up to just below the snorkle inlet, ja?"

Him - " Nein, Nein, it is Kanadisch package! Not American. They have a grill in the floor, mesh seats to let de vasser leave, und electrics are sealed to keep the vasser out! Dis you do not haf.

;D

;D

We blew a turbo charger when the snorkle got plugged...
Nothing like coasting by the Kabul Airport a 20kph... :-[

From what we got told my DLR..
Guys we told you - you'd get the Bison too  ;)

You can have four headsets in the C&R (if you really want to).

The MP variant is a C&R with lights...

Kev,

Like we say, time will tell. I already have our CFR's. ;)

C&R w/ a light bar = MP, still a variant to the PMO.

Well, the G-Wagon, or Puch called in Switzerland, isn't that bad.

We rarely have problems, even though our cars are more then 10-15 years old.
The engine could be a bit more powerfull, but you guys get other variant anyway, so that shouldn't be aproblem

puch.jpg

Recceguy - heck if you get them, you get them.

We also got told none of our in Canada G wagons would be armoured variants -- they are all armoured...

Knowing what I know of the bait and switch -- We recently re-rolled all the 031 Recce in to dismounted - so there are a bunch of Coyote's that are going over to the Armoured...

We now need vehicles for our recce - where do you think we will draw them from?
My guess is Reserve units with C&R Gwagons...

But 7 1/2 years of being in the MO then Reg since 94 has given me the opportunity to see I am not a cynic but a astute observer  ;D

KevinB said:
Recceguy - heck if you get them, you get them.

We also got told none of our in Canada G wagons would be armoured variants -- they are all armoured...

Knowing what I know of the bait and switch -- We recently re-rolled all the 031 Recce in to dismounted - so there are a bunch of Coyote's that are going over to the Armoured...

We now need vehicles for our recce - where do you think we will draw them from?
My guess is Reserve units with C&R Gwagons...

But 7 1/2 years of being in the MO then Reg since 94 has given me the opportunity to see I am not a cynic but a astute observer ;D

Kev,

I'll have to go back and look at the list, but I think the allocation was made for the 031 Recce Dets without touching the other allocations. So by the list, IIRC, there's enough for everyone, according to their TO&E. That was one purpose of the second buy.

13 years Reg and all the other since '68 in the MO, I prefer to be the cynic. You're not so easily disappointed when they yank the rug out. More like "It figures, let's go have a beer" ;D

KevinB said:
From what we got told my DLR..
Guys we told you - you'd get the Bison too   ;)

You can have four headsets in the C&R (if you really want to).

That would be incorrect. The EIS for radios is what you get, getting more is like pulling teeth, well pulling teeth is easyer.

You would have to tell why you would want more headsets to upper, and that is like telling them we still need tanks.
You get what your issued, nothing more, been that way for quite some time now.

question: Does the weapon mount on the cupola rotate? like change direction to point to either sides or the rear of the vehicle?  Cause it would be almost pointless to have it just point to the front.  If is can, is it automated? (like a tank turret) or what? thanks

Hazard - it can be rotated - by a handcrank.

12A - Gee sorry I hate to offend your supreme knowledge -
I guess the headsets we had in Afghan where a mirage...

Back