• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

summer camps

Anyone taking CLI courses in Vernon in 2005? D&C all the way!!  :D Any other takers?  :threat:

I'm doing the gliding course in comox. Is anyone else going there?

OK this should be my last question about camp. since i am going to be traveling in an aircraft, and i am staff, should i not be allowed to have 70 pounds worth of luggage? i have received 2 different orders. my electronic ticket says 50 pounds, and my joining instructions say that any staff cadet going to camp via air, are allowed to bring 70 pounds worth of stuff, and course cadets only 50 pounds. any help from those how have traveled as staff would be great.

Airline restrictions take precedence unless you want to pay extra $$$$ for them to haul your kit there. If you're over that limit, you gotta pay.

condor888000 said:
Airline restrictions take precedence unless you want to pay extra $$$$ for them to haul your kit there. If you're over that limit, you gotta pay.

so 50 pounds it is ;D

-Hutch- said:
OK this should be my last question about camp. since i am going to be traveling in an aircraft, and i am staff, should i not be allowed to have 70 pounds worth of luggage? i have received 2 different orders. my electronic ticket says 50 pounds, and my joining instructions say that any staff cadet going to camp via air, are allowed to bring 70 pounds worth of stuff, and course cadets only 50 pounds. any help from those how have traveled as staff would be great.
If the joining instructions say 70, it is possible that they will reimburse you for the extra baggage up to 70 pounds.  I suggest you contact the camp or region to inquire about this.

Zedic said:
If the joining instructions say 70, it is possible that they will reimburse you for the extra baggage up to 70 pounds.   I suggest you contact the camp or region to inquire about this.
Not likely...At least in Pac Reg that is something that they won't reimburse you for. Who needs 70 pounds of luggage anyways? I took only about 45 pounds last summer.

Haha.. since we are all asking questions here.. Call this a stupid question but one of my Sgt Mjrs [Cleverdon in case anyone was wondering] was telling us that females HAVE to have a one piece bathing suit.. I this that is BS because in both basic courses i had a two piece.. as long as youre not in a string bikini it should be allowed in my opinion.. Like i mean if it covers your stomach then its should be fine.. does anyone remember.. I cant seem to find it in the Joining instructions..

When I was a course cadet, and when I was a staff cadet (Vernon 2003) the rule was that if it was 2 pieces then the pieces had to touch. (or have a small like one inch gap). Anyone who's bathing suit was a bikini had to wear a dark t-shirt so that you still couldn't see their "goods". (as explained by my Company CO) So a 2 piece was fine as long as everything was covered.

That being said there are always some cadets who feel the need to bring their bikini and only own a white shirt so they can be all "sexy" and rebellious.

2332Piper said:
I saw string bikini's in my time there, although staff made the girls wear a t-shirt with it (although at Wasaga they prompty came off anyways when the staff disappeared).

In reality, considering what goes on in the tents at night there, two piecers should not be that big of an issue.   ::)

Ain't that the truth! I had no idea what went on until I was basic cadet staff in Vernon, up in Tent City. My gosh the things that a bunch of young (12-15) teens with raging hormones try to get away with.   :eek: I actually walked in on two cadets in the act. Needless to say, their cadet careers ended right there, right then!!!

At Blackdown the swimming tests were done in the rec centre and they wouldn't allow shirts to be worn.

armygurl_557 said:
Haha.. since we are all asking questions here.. Call this a stupid question but one of my Sgt Mjrs [Cleverdon in case anyone was wondering] was telling us that females HAVE to have a one piece bathing suit.. I this that is BS because in both basic courses i had a two piece.. as long as youre not in a string bikini it should be allowed in my opinion.. Like i mean if it covers your stomach then its should be fine.. does anyone remember.. I cant seem to find it in the Joining instructions..

There is no rule as far as I know but when you go swimming at the Rec Center a one piece is mandatory and as Burrows said shirts arent allowed. When you swim at the conservation area the staff are more lenient.

GGHG_Cadet said:
There is no rule as far as I know but when you go swimming at the Rec Center a one piece is mandatory and as Burrows said shirts arent allowed. When you swim at the conservation area the staff are more lenient.
I recall seeing it mentioned somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it in the joining instructions.  I do know that the CF stipulates 1 piece in their joining instructions (at least the ones I have do).

I personally don't really see the purpose in bringing a 2 piece, your going to a cadet camp .... your shouldn't be there to impress anyone.

Don't even think about bringing a two piece to vernon ;D

Its either a 1 piece suit, or you have to wear a tshirt, no questions asked.

As Zedic stated, there is no reason for you to have to impress anyone. What cadets manage to get away with is already quite amazing. Hormones can make you do almost anything...

Its not that iw ant to bring a string bikini to camp.. its that i only have two piece bathing suits, and they arent all slutty.. i hate one pieces..

Back