• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

Wed 0842 h.

Happily sitting at the desk doing troop admin, duties changes etc, and on here.

OWDU

Celticgirl said:
...I simply don't like certain types of meat and moose falls into that category. And yes, I have tried it. ...

~Whew~

"Real girls eat meat." ArmyVern - 16 Sep 2008.  ;)

(I detest moose too btw, and deer - but ostrich is YUMMY!!)

ArmyVern said:
~Whew~

Been to south africa have you? I can back you up on the osterich, it's good stuff.

Snafu-Bar said:
Been to south africa have you? I can back you up on the osterich, it's good stuff.

Indeed. Had it many many times (as often as I could get it actually) in Namibia.

And while in the Golan, I'd frequently time my visits out to Posn 22 to coincide with days the AusBatt gents in that OP would be sparking up the coal fire barbie for Osterich. They cooked lots --- they knew I'd show for dinner. Thems the perks of working the ration depot and knowing what all the Posns, and "on-base" kitchens were eating that day - lots of choice I had.  8)

Killing a fruit fly infestation....No not with those silly home remides like apple cider vinegar (though I do have that out as a secondary) But with good old fashion pesticide RAID flying insect killer though I do concede I I did the get the environmentally friendly stuff.  ;D

BulletMagnet said:
Killing a fruit fly infestation....No not with those silly home remides like apple cider vinegar (though I do have that out as a secondary) But with good old fashion pesticide RAID flying insect killer though I do concede I I did the get the environmentally friendly stuff.  ;D

I've just reported your post to PETA and the Green Party. Good luck with that.  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Indeed. Had it many many times (as often as I could get it actually) in Namibia.

And while in the Golan, I'd frequently time my visits out to Posn 22 to coincide with days the AusBatt gents in that OP would be sparking up the coal fire barbie for Osterich. They cooked lots --- they knew I'd show for dinner. Thems the perks of working the ration depot and knowing what all the Posns, and "on-base" kitchens were eating that day - lots of choice I had.  8)

I went to visit my brother in 93, he was having a Brai(BBQ) on the first weekend after i got there and threw a roll of it on the grill and didn't tell me what it was. I thought it was just pork sausages lol Was hooked after the first bite.

cheers.

ArmyVern said:
~Whew~

Real girls who want to pass (and even get exempt) on their Expres tests eat meat! And lots of carbs, too. Food good...starvation bad. ;)

Never had ostrich, but I'll keep your recommendation in mind if I'm ever offered some.  ;D 

Bah!!! Lamb I say! Lamb! Lamb is the meat of KINGS! Muahahahaha.

George Wallace said:
Now, emu is a very fine, lean meat, and absolutely delicious in a good sauce.

Yes it is!  Got to try some in Australia, along with crocodile and kangaroo!

PMedMoe said:
Yes it is!  Got to try some in Australia, along with crocodile and kangaroo!

Yes, croc is good too (also in Namibia)!!

Lamb ... YUCK ... after eating way too much of it in Syria. But hey, I'd eat it again!  ;D

Relaxing after having passed 1 written, and 2 practical exams in the past 3 days. Two more weeks now until finals, and then it's 7 weeks of working on ambulance and I'm done this program!  :)

Firstly, tonight its flake 'n chips. Flake is shark. Its 1751 h here on a Wed night.

Ya, I'd go some salt water croc (totally yummy), had it, also water buffalo, to date the thickest juiciest steak I've ever had. Also had emu too (see my avitar, thats taken in my front yard), a very red meat. Experimented with roo hamburger mixed with beef as alone, its too lean and dries out too quick on the barbie.

Also if you try Aussie beef, it has a gamey taste, as they are manily not normally grain fed (except for export I do believe), they eat what is in the fields. Its quite nice actually.

OWDU

Just got back from a nice fast 5k run (for now staying on that distance, doing it daily and working on getting my mhp up before getting into my new running routine) after going to the gym for an hour and about to go through my usual push-ups and sit-ups/various ab excercises. Before that though on here and playing a fun game called Mount&Blade.

All around bored for the most part  :blotto:

Tonight is my last night on duty  :), spending it in the Block watching UFC Fight Night on Spike TV followed by the 1st episode of TUF.

Just finsihed another meeting with the RASM, about OJTs and the TTMO, etc. All RAEME related gobelty-gook.

Regimental Dining In tonight, our first big feed since Iraq, so it will be full on. Pics to fol!

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Just finsihed another meeting with the RASM, about OJTs and the TTMO, etc. All RAEME related gobelty-gook.

Regimental Dining In tonight, our first big feed since Iraq, so it will be full on. Pics to fol!

OWDU

OWDU

Are you going to include the numbers of extras that are given out as well??    >:D

Back