• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

ArmyVern said:
Hope the coughing goes well for you.  >:D

Hmmm - don't really have to do that these days unless absolutely indicated.  Still having flashbacks from my initial dive/first 40 year + medical.

MM

Sitting on my couch bleeding from my mouth, thanks to having a bone spur removed from my jaw.....YAY me

Drinking Scotch while wishing I didn't work tomorrow.
There's a fair/exhibition right across the street from work, and even though it's only open on the weekend (last and next), the carnies are living there in their mobile homes. If I didn't know better, I'd swear somebody told them that donuts are caviar.

Midget

I am now, once again on crutches; thanks to Timbersports. Apparently running in steel toed workboots combined with uneven ground is not good for human bone structure.

Busted my right leg where it fits into my ankle, have it tensored for now, as I don't want a cast, didn't bust the bone compleatly through, so I am hoping in a couple weeks to be back on it. I have a competition begining of Oct, and no way I am missing it.

S.Stewart said:
I am now, once again on crutches; thanks to Timbersports. Apparently running in steel toed workboots combined with uneven ground is not good for human bone structure.

Busted my right leg where it fits into my ankle...

Oh no! Busted as in broken? Yikes!  :(

I'm still looking after Missy that has the flu here. The wind is pretty wild outside. I think we're getting the remnants of Ike.

P.S. Deadpan, I hope you weren't serious.  :-X

S.Stewart said:

Busted my right leg where it fits into my ankle, have it tensored for now, as I don't want a cast, didn't bust the bone compleatly through, so I am hoping in a couple weeks to be back on it. I have a competition begining of Oct, and no way I am missing it.

And why did you go and do that?  Just remmber though - there is a fine line between hard and stupid.  Stay smart.

MM

Celticgirl said:

I'm still looking after Missy that has the flu here. The wind is pretty wild outside. I think we're getting the remnants of Ike.

Don't like moose?  ;D

As for me doing some laundry and going to go get a XLG-DD

Celticgirl said:
Sure I like them...alive and roaming the forest.  :p

The best stew I ever had in my life was Jan '03, Adventure Training...we went to Marble Mountain for a week.  One of the MWOs was from Corner Brook; his sister and brother-in-law came over the 2nd night to the Chalet and made Nlfd moose-meat stew for our group...along with home-made dumplings. 

God I miss that week!

0840 h Tuesday, off to the 6 RAR SGT's Mess for mandatory morning tea.

OWDU

Celticgirl said:
More then serious, I love moose meat, cooked in just about anyway....
Eye In The Sky said:
The best stew I ever had in my life was Jan '03, Adventure Training...we went to Marble Mountain for a week.  One of the MWOs was from Corner Brook; his sister and brother-in-law came over the 2nd night to the Chalet and made Nlfd moose-meat stew for our group...along with home-made dumplings. 

God I miss that week!
....especially that way!

Why not give it a try? Wild game does have a different taste to it, but you can add stuff to get rid of it if you don't like it. I personally don't mind it at all.

Cheers
Deadpan

Back on the island...we used to shoot teal duck when the season opened.  The season for black/mallard opened later...2 weeks IIRC.  We'd then use the teal duck breast as stuffing in our blacks/mallards....yummy!

Then there was the goose/geese...another story!  At the same time...the wild cranberries would be good to go...and perfect for stuffing for either black/mallards OR a nice goose...

*sigh*  hungry now...

As I just got my internet set up at home, I'm testing my new connection from lovely Petawawa as well as putting together furniture. Here's to the IR life! :cheers:

Celticgirl said:

There's a bunch in the freezer here that was at one point in time alive and roaming the forest. Does that count?

Midget

Celticgirl said:

That's literally the meaning, it's broken, hopefully it's not going to keep me sidelined for too long.

Eye In The Sky said:
We'd then use the teal duck breast as stuffing in our blacks/mallards....yummy!
uncle-midget-boyd said:
There's a bunch in the freezer here that was at one point in time alive and roaming the forest. Does that count?

:-X

Right now, I'm here at home, sick again, with a very very high fever.

I'm also in love with the new Army.ca shirt ;D

-Deadpan

Celticgirl said:

how do you feel about cows ?

or is it just the "cute" animals that get to live and roam the forest ?

Mr Denis Leary

What are you ?
I'm an otter
What do you do ?
I swim around and do stupid human tricks with my hands
You are free to go !

What are you ?
I'm a cow
F**k that you're a freakin handbag, now get on the truck !!

CDN Aviator said:
how do you feel about cows ?

or is it just the "cute" animals that get to live and roam the forest ?

Mr Denis Leary

What are you ?
I'm an otter
What do you do ?
I swim around and do stupid human tricks with my hands
You are free to go !

What are you ?
I'm a cow
F**k that you're a freakin handbag, now get on the truck !!

I used to have a tape of that Denis Leary show. ;)

I'm neither a vegetarian nor a member of PETA. I simply don't like certain types of meat and moose falls into that category. And yes, I have tried it. My father used to be an avid hunter.  ::)  :-X

But hey, if you guys are so keen on moose stew, you could be making the highways in New Brunswick a little safer for me to drive on, so have at 'er.  :D

Back