• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

For a long time now, speed has been very poor (here) at the best of times, often even after 15 mins with no action on still tryting to open a page, usually the home main one, it often never fully loads.

I would say almost 90% of the time it is extremly/outragously slow, the remaining 10% frozen/idle. That being said, one  log on last week it was pretty much normal, but that was short lived.

Its not my PC, this one is new, and any other site I go to is fast as per normal.

I hope that one day these shorfalls WRT speed can be just a bad memory.

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
For a long time now, speed has been very poor (here) at the best of times, often even after 15 mins with no action on still tryting to open a page, usually the home main one, it often never fully loads.

I would say almost 90% of the time it is extremly/outragously slow, the remaining 10% frozen/idle. That being said, one  log on last week it was pretty much normal, but that was short lived.

Its not my PC, this one is new, and any other site I go to is fast as per normal.

I hope that one day these shorfalls WRT speed can be just a bad memory.

OWDU

Sorry Mike, here in Montreal, I have to echo the above to the letter.

Cheers.

Last night was the (lately) typical slow loading, half-loading, etc.  This morning, I was unable to get the site at all for awhile, but now it seems to be working quite well.  Did a little tweaking, Mike?

Yeah, but it didn't seem to help. The move to the datacenter is still our best bet, but it's taking longer than originally planned to organize.

Site is painfully slow to load, lots of half loaded/not loading at all pages or the site just crashes on me...... rest of the interweb is fine though......

A quick update on the Plague (thanks Vern). Our future datacenter is moving to a new building, and we're moving in after that. I don't have a definite ETA on the move yet but I know the datacenter owners are looking at moving quickly. I'll keep you updated as I learn more.

In the mean time, try to stay patient!

Cheers
Mike

"Holy Snappin' A$$holes, Batman!!!"

From the ridiculous to the sublime!!!

tango22a

P.S.: Thanks Mike......Whoopee!!!

1. The webpage "army.ca" cannot be foundDNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken.

2. Lately the speed on here has never been so slow, pages not fully loading and waiting literally 5 mins to turn a page.

3. Or going to post, then having para one come up.

4. Totally frustrating.

5. Time wise, its 2242h local AET, Tuesday night, which puts it at 0642h, Tuesday morning CST. Not that time has anything to do with it?

6. Para one is a new issue, and has been on/off for the past few days now at any time, my am or my pm.

I am ADSL.

Anyone getting the same?

OWDU

No, mine this AM is going good, with the exception of the occasional hang when loading a thread....usually comes up with a refresh.

GAP said:
No, mine this AM is going good, with the exception of the occasional hang when loading a thread....usually comes up with a refresh.

Same for me, and it has been that way, in the mornings (Central Time) anyway, for a week or so.

OWDU, let me know if the DNS problems continue... we shouldn't be seeing anything like that and it could be indicative of a bigger (and new) problem, if it continues.

There was a short period shortly after 0600 Central (or 0800 Atlantic) during which I got a "cannot load" signal for two threads, and then after I signed off, for the main site when I attempted to sign on again as a test. It could not have lasted for more than a couple of minutes as the next attempt to sign on was successful.

Mike Bobbitt said:
OWDU, let me know if the DNS problems continue... we shouldn't be seeing anything like that and it could be indicative of a bigger (and new) problem, if it continues.

Will do Mike, still very very slow now here now. Its 1720h Wed AET, thats 0129h Wed CST in Canada.

Regards,

Wes

Mike, the slow site speed are a pain for participants and potential members. I use the site that follows to verify that my internet provider is delivering what I am paying for. Shaw has a site like this, but why ask your provider to verify their service!

If the members here passed on the info that follows, would it help track down the perpetual slow site speed? Different computers (well/not well maintained), operating systems, distance, etc all tested from one source. My laptop is squeaky clean utilizing these free Products:

http://www.piriform.com/

Defragger and CCleaner

Test Site: http://www.speedtest.net/

You should be able to find a server for your test. I selected Sidney, NS as the end point as I thought Mike is near there. From my current location it is 2380 miles to Sidney.

Test info: Laptop, Windows XP, Wireless G (this is important due to different speeds G or i.e. N run, or hard cable direct to your computer). Results from San Antonio to Houston TX (local) are in the second column

Results: Down load speed: 9.92 Mb/s          15.19 Mb/s
            Up load speed:      0.48 Mb/s            0.46 Mb/s
            Ping                          85 ms                  27 ms

This means I can download a MP3 file (5MB) in 3 seconds, a Video Clip (35MB) in 25 seconds, etc.
On the site there is a separate Ping Test with more info.

Back