• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

It is quite painfully slow to load pages this morning, contrary to my normal experience.

Using the site provided by Rifleman62 I confirmed that my connection, here in Dallas TX, is quite respectable:

+ Download: 4.68 M/bs = 9 sec for the MP3 file and 60 sec for the video clip

+ Upload: 0.55 M/bs

Rifleman,

I've run a number of speed tests already, and unfortunately they indicate that we're just seeing heavy use. That is, when I run a speedtest, it often drops down to near zero for upload speeds. If I then unplug Army.ca (sorry folks!) we get pretty close to the full 10 down/1.5 up that we're paying for.

Its real slow here and the past two days really not much better, even right now to post this, I let it sit as I fed my cats, and its just brought up the posting format now.  It seems to be getting worse, although on the rare occasion it has been fine, but overall, very slow in responding, loading half pages, etc.

OWDU

I just had this rsponse while trying to get to a forum.....

"An Error Has Occurred! The server is currently under high stress. Please try again shortly."

High stress? Crikey!

If this can happen on an early Monday morning at 0 dark 30, when the majority of the nation is sleeping, what is next?

Seems this site is getting far worse than it ever has been - speed wise.

I do hope this can be overcome, as it seems to be one obstical after another. Lately posting pages only come up half filled and sit and idle, and it often takes me 3 or 4 tries (or worse I leave) by simply trying to navigate and do the basics.

Wes,

O'Dark 30 is when I schedule all the backups, verification tasks, etc... so the server was actually busy, but with admin tasks, not with users. It's pretty much a shot directly at anyone down under... not intentional though!

Took about 30 minutes to post this up until I hit "Post", but you probably know this.

Rifleman62 said:
Took about 30 minutes to post this up until I hit "Post", but you probably know this.

You could have ordered a pizza delivery while waiting, R62. <just joking>  :)

It's up and down like you-know-who's knickers on paynight.

Right now it is fine; a hour or so ago I was like Rifleman62.

The 'high stress' menu has come up again just now. Anyone else getting this same feature?

OWDU

Actually it is nice and quick, the 'old normal,' from here in Texas, right now.

But as I said before: up and down at, seemingly, random.

OWDU, it shouldn't be 'high stress' during the day like that - even if it is early. I'll check into it. Thanks for the heads up.

Mike, FYI I got site under stress when I went to check "new replies to your posts."

Cheers

Well the site seems to be working perfectly for me today ... knock knock knock ...

But, for the last two weeks I have had nothing but issues with it. I've spent umpteen hours here pressing "refresh" in absolutely futile attempts to get pages to load. I've managed to get only a few posts to take out of the dozens I've attempted.

I've been getting "scripting" errors, "server time-out errors", "server under heavy load" errors amongst a few others.

All my other sites have been working fine.

Today though --- seems good, so I am finally getting to read those threads (lots of them!!) that I've only been able to get the first post to show up for over the past couple of weeks.

As a side-note, I have this site set into my trusted sites too ... yet my computer is still blocking some scripts from it ... a google search says that's because of problems with the site's scripting rather than my settings (which I input into the TT) ??? Anyone know how I can get that confirmed that it isn't "me" or recommend how I can fix it?

ArmyVern said:
As a side-note, I have this site set into my trusted sites too ... yet my computer is still blocking some scripts from it ... a google search says that's because of problems with the site's scripting rather than my settings (which I input into the TT) ??? Anyone know how I can get that confirmed that it isn't "me" or recommend how I can fix it?

Are you on your own personal computer on the internet, or a DND PC on the DWAN?  You referred to "TT", which usually means trouble ticket, which would suggest a DWAN PC, and you would have very little to no control over the firewall/browser settings in that case.

If you're on your own PC, what OS/browser are you running?  This site should run just fine on browser defaults, and that includes IE 7 and 8, Firefox, and Google Chrome - all of which I use on a regular basis.

Occam said:
Are you on your own personal computer on the internet, or a DND PC on the DWAN?  You referred to "TT", which usually means trouble ticket, which would suggest a DWAN PC, and you would have very little to no control over the firewall/browser settings in that case.

If you're on your own PC, what OS/browser are you running?  This site should run just fine on browser defaults, and that includes IE 7 and 8, Firefox, and Google Chrome - all of which I use on a regular basis.

I'm on a personal laptop.

I'm running Vista (only because it came with the laptop). IE8 (in compatability mode because the army.ca screen is all f'd up when not in compatibility mode). It is running on browser defaults and has been added to my trusted sites.

Every other site and forum that I visit --- works perfectly fine.

It's only dot cee eh that does not. It is today, but the past two weeks have been absolute heck.

My posts are timing out in about 2 minutes.....

I use some six different computers at home and work on four different regular Internet connections  both wired and wireless including one dedicated T-1 at work, running everything from various Mac OSX flavours to XP to Linux on one dual-boot machine and the hang time for this site on days it decides to be pokey is consistently awful in an entirely inconsistent way - meaning when it's slow, it's unusable for any of my computers on any of my networks at any physical location so it's the site's problem, not the user's. I also suspect it's a scripting issue.

Back