• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this means they base it on grade 11 marks if you haven't yet completed grade 12?

They will have based your selection for ROTP from your gr. 11 marks. However, they will expect you to maintain a good average and do well this year, it is still a conditional offer.

The academic portion of the selection is based on your Grade 10, 11 and whatever marks you have received for Grade 12.

Hey all, a little late on responding. Been up in Halifax visiting and have not had a chance to post.

I got called on the 4th and was offered ROTP (Land Op's) at CivvieU in Mount Allison University. But I got it switched to Saint Mary's University in Halifax. So I got exactly what I was hoping for. :)

Gratz to everyone else.

Hopefully I'll see you at the CFLRS for BMOQ. If all goes as planned of course  ;D.

Got accepted last week!! For Intel Officer!
Civy U, Hope i get into RMC!
I just have a question though did anybody else get told to be ready for july 18th for
a month of basic training in the summer?  If so what does it consist of

Marshall said:
Hey all, a little late on responding. Been up in Halifax visiting and have not had a chance to post.

I got called on the 4th and was offered ROTP (Land Op's) at CivvieU in Mount Allison University. But I got it switched to Saint Mary's University in Halifax. So I got exactly what I was hoping for. :)

Gratz to everyone else.

Interesting that they told you which Civilian University you were allowed to go to.  I wasn't aware that they made a distinction beyond RMC/Civvy U.

Not as of yet.

Is anyone here planning on attending the University of Ottawa?

Chops said:
I just have a question though did anybody else get told to be ready for july 18th for

Congrats dude! FYI, it's INT O, not Intel. That'll save you some unpleasant remarks in the weeks to come.

boot12 said:
Interesting that they told you which Civilian University you were allowed to go to.  I wasn't aware that they made a distinction beyond RMC/Civvy U.

Hm, well they told me right off the bat which one I was going to.

Chops said:

I was only told that it'll be swear-in time around then. Nothing of Basic Training. I always thought it was 2nd summer we do that.

boot12 said:

When I was first given acceptance to ROTP, they "told" me I was approved to go to McMaster for Engineering. I immediately told my recruiter that I hadn't even applied to McMaster, and that I hadn't even applied to Engineering at ANY of the school that I did apply to. His answer was simply, "that's fine, University of Ottawa for Economics will be alright."

Lumber said:
When I was first given acceptance to ROTP, they "told" me I was approved to go to McMaster for Engineering. I immediately told my recruiter that I hadn't even applied to McMaster, and that I hadn't even applied to Engineering at ANY of the school that I did apply to. His answer was simply, "that's fine, University of Ottawa for Economics will be alright."

Yea, my switch was fairly easy as well. I just had to rush a Acceptance Letter down to the CFRC Halifax to get it confirmed. :)

Also, does anyone know If I have to wait for the CF to contact me to deposit my fee and choose courses for my CivvieU? Or can I do that myself right away?

hahaha thanks 'TimBit'.  I still need to get used to all these little short forms or whatever they are called.

Im in CFRC London, and they told me july 18th i should be ready to head out for a month of Basic,
i really havent been told anything else?
Should i get in contact with CFRC

Chops said:
hahaha thanks 'TimBit'.  I still need to get used to all these little short forms or whatever they are called.

Im in CFRC London, and they told me july 18th i should be ready to head out for a month of Basic,
i really havent been told anything else?
Should i get in contact with CFRC

Odd, I thought that basic starts in 2nd year?

I was also told basic is 2nd year and enrollment ceremony is around end of July to start of August.

Well decided to phone the CFRC just now and apparently they didn't get my backcheck back from the company quick enough (even tho they called all my referances mid January) so I wasn't in the February selection board but I will be in the April one. Yay ;D

Word I received from CFRC London was that enrollment is July 18th and that I will be contacted in April/May with more specifics.

As of that moment of time, I will not be attending basic this summer (was originally told I would be), and that I will probably be doing some sort of mini-basic a few weeks before the school year starts for preperation for RMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back