• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC Admission Requirements for Current University Students

flux

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have gotten some great answers here regarding the application process, however, there is one thing I am still quite confused about regarding ROTP/RMC applications.

I was rejected from RMC after passing my CFAT, due to not meeting the Highschool academic requirements.

Now I am currently enrolled in first year university. If I reapply to ROTP next year, will they still look at my Highschool Transcripts or will my university grades be taken as priority?

According to the RMC website, you need 75% minimum in some specific classes for Grade 12, which I do not have. Would I need to take these classes as well as my university classes? Or would stellar university grades 'override' these requirements?

I will definitely contact CFRC and possibly RMC for clarification as well, just curious if anyone here has input on this.

Thank you.

Hi all,

I have gotten some great answers here regarding the application process, however, there is one thing I am still quite confused about regarding ROTP/RMC applications.

I was rejected from RMC after passing my CFAT, due to not meeting the Highschool academic requirements.

Now I am currently enrolled in first year university. If I reapply to ROTP next year, will they still look at my Highschool Transcripts or will my university grades be taken as priority?

According to the RMC website, you need 75% minimum in some specific classes for Grade 12, which I do not have. Would I need to take these classes as well as my university classes? Or would stellar university grades 'override' these requirements?

I will definitely contact CFRC and possibly RMC for clarification as well, just curious if anyone here has input on this.

Thank you.
I am wondering, if you know that will the ROTP (Reserve Officer Training Plan) consider my high school transcripts or prioritize my university grades if I reapply next year while enrolled in my first year of university?

Hi all,

I will definitely contact CFRC ncedcloud student login and possibly RMC for clarification as well, just curious if anyone here has input on this.

Thank you.
Hey buddy, can you answer to my query? Please

Hey buddy, can you answer to my query? Please
What do you mean by "Reserve Officer Training Plan"? Also, he probably cannot answer your question as he asked the exact same thing. If anyone knows the answer, they will answer if they wish.

What do you mean by "Reserve Officer Training Plan"? Also, he probably cannot answer your question as he asked the exact same thing. If anyone knows the answer, they will answer if they wish.
I've the same query as him, so that's why I asked him for clarification regarding to that. No worries thank you

So it's been a while since I posted this, just thought i'd share what I've learned since for anyone in a similar situation.

Since I am already in Civilian University, my application was allowed to continue processing as a ROTP CivU Applicant.
However, I received much higher grades in university than highschool, so I was allowed to resubmit my transcripts and be reconsidered for RMC this upcoming year as well.

As it stands, I have successfully completed Aircrew Selections, and am just awaiting a trip to CEFME for my aircrew medical. Unfortunately, I was delayed further a few months due to some medical issues but got that cleared up as well.

So to tie this back in to the original questions.

If I reapply to ROTP next year, will they still look at my Highschool Transcripts or will my university grades be taken as priority?
They still look at the highschool grades, but just being enrolled in a civilian university is enough to be considered to ROTP civilian route. If you are enrolled in University and do well, they notice that.

Would I need to take these classes as well as my university classes? Or would stellar university grades 'override' these requirements?
While I've never gotten a clear-cut answer to this question, it seems my university grades were enough for them to reconsider my application as is.

To summarize, if you were in a similar situation to me in September, either do some high school upgrading courses or get into a civilian university and then reapply. If you're on a decent timeline, they may not even close your application if you tell them that you are currently undergoing this further education.

Moreover, don't give up at your first sign of difficulty with this application process. I have been told "No" several times now, (highschool grades weren't good enough, medical issues) and kept pushing on, now I am finally nearing the end of this application process. Hopefully this last bit goes smooth as well.

Back