• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reservists: Where do YOU work?

I manage a horse farm.  Hense Farmboy.  ;D

Sorry no discounts, but if you want free shit for your garden.  ;)

Kirkpatrick said:
Quote from: Danjanou on Yesterday at 23:12:04
Seriously not a bad idea there. I'm always willing to assist military and former military types, however trust me you really don't want to meet me in my place of employment.

Let me guess... cop? Hitman of some sort? Prison gaurd?

I was thinking mobster, or Revenue Canada official...   I think I would prefer mobster.    >:D

Student by the way.

Mobster/ Revenue Canada, I thought they were one and the same. ;D

Seriously the Mods and Mess members know what I do for a living and it's nothing mysterious. I just prefer to keep it private. And as I said I wouldn't look forward to meeting any of my brothers and sisters in arms in my place of employment on an official basis.

However add me to the list of students too, because that's what I was back in my moe days too ( big surprise eh)

Geography student at Saint Mary's University in Halifax, but I keep getting sucked into these yearlong class B's...grr!

Class B service is like hitting the snooze bar on the alarm clock of life, I tell ya! :)

Danjanou said:
Kirkpatrick said:
Quote from: Danjanou on Yesterday at 23:12:04
Seriously not a bad idea there. I'm always willing to assist military and former military types, however trust me you really don't want to meet me in my place of employment.

Let me guess... cop? Hitman of some sort? Prison gaurd?

I was thinking mobster, or Revenue Canada official...   I think I would prefer mobster.    >:D

Student by the way.

Mobster/ Revenue Canada, I thought they were one and the same. ;D

Seriously the Mods and Mess members know what I do for a living and it's nothing mysterious. I just prefer to keep it private. And as I said I wouldn't look forward to meeting any of my brothers and sisters in arms in my place of employment on an official basis.

However add me to the list of students too, because that's what I was back in my moe days too ( big surprise eh)

I'm still guessing either cop, prison gaurd, or hitman... heh.

Pretty much everyone in my own unit at the rank of either corpral or private is a full time student... I'm assuming that 50-75% of the reserves is student based...

Hey, after a hard week at school, what better than to go down to the range to fire some stress releiving rounds of 5.56?  ;)

While I love range days, with all the safety concerns, it's not exactly stress relief...

Pounding things with a mallet is much more my style... or if I'm lucky, there's a sledge handy.

:fifty: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: Class B Ottawa - home base is 44 Fd Engr Sqn Trail BC- the skulls are binary notation for how long I've been doing this. If I told you what I do I would have to   :skull: you and   :skull: me   :salute:

reality working on a large scale logistics project - some may see it as hum drum but its very   :flame: as it will impact overseas deployments by rolling up all the sub units that support Overseas tours into one entity for support co-loc with the Joint Operations Group. Our component is called the Joint Support Group

In my spare time I am tracing 2 x Bns from WW1 from Aug 1916 to Nov 1918 and translating their WW1 grid refs into modern day lat and long to conduct the Battlefield Tours of the Century next year or year after.

If anyone is into CEF WW! just email me and I will tell you more.

Floyd Low
Ottawa

Well, by trade, I'm a Millwright (Industrial Mechanic). Currently, I am the Facilties Manager at a Metal Stamping Company. That entails being the Maintenance Supervisor, Safety Director, Environmental Manager, Security guy, etc. We stamp out metal parts, primarily for the automotive industry - more specifically, the brackets, retainers, etc., that go into Air Bag assemblies.

I'm also a freelance writer, preferring outdoors stuff (hunting, fishing, etc.) I'm the Asst Editor for the Arizona Outdoorsman magazine (I write for them too) and also a community newspaper. I'm also heading up AZODs website development in other states (www.azod.com) 

Finally, I have a small Booking Agent business. I arrange hunts, fishing trips, etc., for sportsmen and women. I can also do other outdoor adventures such as photo safaris, whale watching, canoeing, snowmobiling, etc. I have arrangements with over 40 Outfitters worldwide. People let me know their criteria (budget, area, species, etc) and I make recommendations as to the ideal trip for them. My service is provided at no cost to the sportsman.

Until about a week ago I owned and managed a landscaping company while attending University (HOORAY FOR HISTORY)

Now I'm just a boring old gardener...haha

Oh it's all about being a student... albeit only part-time. I'm lucky enough to be a tutor with the Ottawa-Carleton Catholic Schoolboard... That will have to wait til I get back from my tour, mind you... But if you ever need help with writing essays or middle school math, you know who to call  ;D

Yet another student here.

It's so sad, if only I had a) not wasted my first couple years at university and b) just stuck to one degree rather than this two degree stuff I could have graduated by now and done direct entry. But no, dumbass me now has a few more years to go   :blotto:

ER Nurse in a Level 1 Trauma facility.
You don't want to come and visit me at work either although we get our fair share.

RN PRN said:
ER Nurse in a Level 1 Trauma facility.
You don't want to come and visit me at work either although we get our fair share.
Good handle!  Nurse as needed - clever

When I was in the Reserves, the majority of the guys involved were students. We lost at least 25 % of graduates of QL3 the following fall because serving Thu nights and weekends cuts into drinking/study time. Not all were like that, some of the best guys I met worked Reserves all the way through University and never applied for the commission, they enjoyed soldiering, part time.

For the record, I worked at a lumber mill or fished while I was in the reserves, when I went back to school I left the reserves as I now needed my spare time to drink/study.

Cheers

Part time student with 6 courses to go...

"Part time" computer sales.  (Hopefully this will be even more part time when I get in, but that is another story).

Back