• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

The CAF could fund the CSC complete by a small reduction in the wool sock entitlement.
I haven't drawn socks or those garbage boxers in years. You're welcome, RCN.

Starship Troopers GIF

Reductions at a time when we are already hurting for people, and asking people to do more with even less than the previous "less"...
Yeah, it seems like an unnecessarily petty 'F U' type cut, as there are a lot of OTC things that can really add up. The allergy meds were one obvious example that sprung to mind, but common things like muscle relaxants and pain killers for occasional use on old injuries also aren't cheap. Similarly things like OTC cold meds etc are all pretty normal things that don't need a prescription.

I can afford it now, but probably still adds up to a few hundred a year, so not insignificant if you are already struggling with the cost of living increases, PLD cuts etc. I'm sure for others it can be a lot higher if they have some kind of controllable illness that doesn't need a special prescription, and really just a waste of resources after the initial diagnoses if they need prescriptions for something OTC.

The big sunk cost is having a pharmacist and a pharmacy to begin with, so this is just a pennies on the dollar thing anyway. The CAF and DND spends far more than that 3rd party reports and audits that tell us what we already know, just with fancy letterhead, and sure there are lots of other examples of things you can cut with zero impact on the troops (or any real capability or operation).

Nah, I'm good, my Company gives them out for free 🤣 and we have some in every first aid station on all our properties.

I've been out for a few years now. My decisions are validated everyday when I read these threads.
Woah woah woah are you saying your employer provides you benefits as part of your compensation for work?

Nah, I'm good, my Company gives them out for free 🤣 and we have some in every first aid station on all our properties.

Probably because private companies are for-profit and see whatever benefit to have these things given out for free.

Whoever made this decision won’t be held accountable for any after effects of ending this benefit. We don’t even know how it was done and for what reason. Still nowhere close to my personal redline to pull the pin.

Back