• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

Alternative view : your employer is losing 3 hours of labour for a 15 dollar bottle of ibuprofen.
Absolutely. My employer created a system of sitting around waiting for three hours. Productivity will be affected no doubt.

The CAF is never short of new ways to erode morale... I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Maybe they'll find a way to charge us all for the hydro we use while at our desks doing CAF work.

Yes we in the infantry require some maintenance. Maybe where you are you don't have 600 people with chronic issues. In the infantry we do.

Remember this was in the service of Canada and the deal is Canada takes care of your medical needs until release, then VAC if necessary.

That was the deal.
That is still the deal. Go see the doc. They’ll prescribe what you need an you’ll get it for free.

I don’t get a regular supply of ibuprofen for my arthritis, my shoulder, or my knee. It’s a “take when you need it” which worked because I could just grab as I needed. Now I’m going to go waste a couple hours of my time, plus a medic and some doctors time. Great, what a win for everyone involved.

Oh and we used to be able grab blister packs over the counter, which was a great thing to keep on you to keep yourself functional in the field. Guess we’ll be sending guys to the MIR when they should be training.
For the Ibuprofen, that can still be prescribed and kept long term (with refills).

For blister packs, you CoC can request a bunch for exercises without individuals going through the base clinic.

That is still the deal. Go see the doc. They’ll prescribe what you need an you’ll get it for free.
And like other say waste time in the MIR and the MO's for a minor problem - an ache.

By cutting a benefit they do not realize the harm they are doing. To save how much? Certainly not billions.
I'm retired BUT those people that put their ass on the line need a few benefits and this is one.

Death by a thousand cuts (no pun intended) is turning the CAF into a joke.

I’ll point again to what I said a page ago:

This is annoying and petty. Its effect is going to be more about tipping those scales just a bit more for people considering a second or third contract. Will someone get out because they can’t get a 20 dollar bottle of ibuprofen ? No, but they will get out because every single announcement regarding their pay and benefits has been a loss to them for the last two years.

Ie: yeah it’s just twenty bucks but tell that to a private in Qs in Edmonton who lost 630 a month, and got a below inflation pay raise, while simultaneously being told his Q is now more expensive because of inflation.

Or you can go to sick parade if you’re in such a pain that you require meds.
Which goes back to people wasting hours of their time, as well as the medical staff's time to accomplish something that until recently took a couple of minutes.

The few dollars saved in handing out less medication will be wasted on lost productivity, and further stress on an already stressed to breaking medical system.

It's a cut intended to dump the expenses onto the troops, by adding a layer of BS so they just buy stuff themselves.

What are ships going to do ?

I can't just wander over to shoppers for some ibuprofen when I am a thousand miles in any direction from civilization or even land.

I've been having tooth problems this deployment and the Tylenol and Advil the doc has been giving me have been a god send.

I suppose this will just become another thing to ad to the kit list.

By cutting a benefit they do not realize the harm they are doing. To save how much?

The last AMA the CDS said the benefit cost less than a million per year. It was something they wanted to keep but apparently that didn’t happen. Meanwhile our unit is swimming in money and we’re being told to spend.

Back