• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP SPURS Program

the_man06

Inactive
Reaction score
RCMP cadets I'm considering it. What do RCMP members think of the program

I'm not a member, but the opportunity would be very hard to pass ( for me ) Do it while you still can, I believe the cut-off age is 18. I am 20 so It is out of the question.  Seems to be a very good program that familiarizes youth with RCMP customs, equipment, history, drill etc while teaching valuable things such as first aid, and the value of community volunteering. I would look at it as having ABSOLUTELY NO downside to it, if you have the time I would say do it. Then again what do I know.

I think for the serving Buffalo Taxi Operators ( RCMP Officers ) they would want to know exactly what you are trying to ask them. Are you asking if the program gives a good look of police life? Are you asking if you do this program will it help you join the RCMP later on in life? I'm not trying to be rude but I have found out quickly on this site to ask questions as precisely as possible so you can receive the best possible answer.

All the best.

the_man06

It will carry no more weight than most other similar type service organizations. It will give you a heads up on RCMP History, Traditions, Drill , Rank Structure and the Organization of the Force.

That being said, I don't believe it would carry any more weight on an application that being in CF cadets or volunteering at a Youth Center or SPCA.

If you are looking for threads on RCMP recruiting, conduct a search there is plenty of info and people on this board who will asnwer your questions if you PM them.

Cheers
Noneck

I agree with Noneck. It was suggested as a CAPRA project for me to start a Stetsons and Spurs club at my detachment. But when I asked the comm. police office what I would have them do, she suggsted, pick up litter at the local skate park, etc.etc.
In H Div as far as I know, it's more of a volunteering service than anything. I have a different CAPRA project on the go now, but it won't help later on down the road, unless Daddy's an Assistant Commish :)

Back